Windows Platform FIPS Exception when Connecting Pixhawk mRo

I am currently attempting to connect a pixhawk mRo controller running the current stable Pixhawk1 arducopter.apj firmware. I have installed Mission Planner 1.3.61 onto my W10 machine using the .msi installer; this machine is not connected to the internet. I manually loaded the firmware to the pixhawk controller using Mission Planner, and Mission Planner appears to recognize the controller. When I click the “CONNECT” I recieve an Error message with the text “Connect Failed”. Upon selecting Details, I receive the following Exception Details:

This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.
at System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256Managed.ctor()
at MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface.generatePackaet(Int32 messageTyoe, Object indata, INT32 sysid, Int32 compid, Doolean forcemavlink2, Boolean forcesigning)
at MissionPlanner.Control.ProgressReporterDialogue.RunBackgroundOperation(Object o) in C:\michael\Source\Repos\MissionPlanner\ExtLibs\Controls\ProgressReporterDialogue.cs:line 107

I’ve looked everywhere for a similar issue, but have not come across any threads describing this issue… Any suggestions for how to resolve this issue are greatly appreciated!

Good day, just try re-install your MP and install it. Just try load the firmware with an internet connection.

I had this same issue. Tried reinstalling Mission Planner and Pixhawk firmware (multiple versions of each). Also tried 2 different laptops running Mission Planner, and 2 different Pixhawk 2.1 boards, none of which worked.

The solution for me was to modify the system security setting enforcing FIPS compliance. These instructions walk you though it, but at the final step set to “Disabled”

Note that “Disabled” is the default setting. So if it’s enabled it’s likely for a reason. Be sure you’re in the clear to disable this setting before you do.