Will Droidplanner2 ever come out to ios?

well the question is in the title, ive seen a couple posts lost in this forum with old answers but will it ever be possible to have on ios?

I ask becuase I use my mac, and i have an iphone too. Using my tablet is not efficient with the follow me feature, much larger than my iphone (8 inch tablet), with my 3DR Iris+.

I do have a pebble watch but I think you still have to have the tablet, and then eventually a different cable for the telemetry…

Right now there is no way to connect the 3DR radios to iOS devices (Apple will not allow 3rd party devices to connect without a special chip). But in the next generation of 3DR products we will be supporting WiFi connections, which will work on iOS devices. Then the software will be available on both platforms.

With more and more people turning to bluetooth bridges (homebuilt or items such as Event38), will this mean a move to iOS sooner? If the primary factor for steering clear of iOS is because of Apple not allowing 3rd party devices to connect physically…as long as they are capable of bluetooth, the only thing standing in the way, is getting DP2 to run on the device. Just sayin’

WiFi however wouldnt allow the same 1km distance, or even half that the telemetry can offer, can it?

I thought WiFi could only go so far even 100 feet or 200 feet, how would something like this work, and how far out would we expect something that comes out made with ios in mind, months years?

[quote=“ebaydan777”]WiFi however wouldnt allow the same 1km distance, or even half that the telemetry can offer, can it?

I thought WiFi could only go so far even 100 feet or 200 feet, how would something like this work, and how far out would we expect something that comes out made with ios in mind, months years?[/quote]

Wifi or BT is only the final connection to the iOS device [ or other GS ] you still need 915mhz telemetry radios. Search ‘wifly module’ and or look here diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/mav … 2#comments