Will barely yaw right only yaws left need help with log

I have basically been grounded I cannot figure out the cause. I don’t know if the pixhawk isn’t asking for right yaw or if it’s a mechanical problem with the all-in-one esc, motor/s or what. If somebody could look at the log included and or see the thread below it would be GREATLY appreciated! I’ve done a complete fresh instal of 3.2 twice including installing ‘plane’ then copter again. Radio calibration page shows full left and right yaw but copter only yaws left. I’m stuck…
diydrones.com/forum/topics/no-ri … 2#comments

I haven’t looked yet but does that log have rc in and rcout enabled?

sent from my phone so apologies for any typos

OK, a quick looks shows a massive difference between 1/2 (CCW) and 3/4 (CW).

Are you sure all your arms are level and not twisted? a twisted arm creates a torque that the brain fights…this means you have less power head room in one direction.

Yes but I’m not sure what to look for. When RC 4 TX sends signal for full right yaw the pixhawk changes all 4 motors. So I’m not sure what I’m looking at really.

[quote=“RabbitStu”]OK, a quick looks shows a massive difference between 1/2 (CCW) and 3/4 (CW).

Are you sure all your arms are level and not twisted? a twisted arm creates a torque that the brain fights…this means you have less power head room in one direction.[/quote]

Nope… not twisted.

I’m going to post two more logs. One only CW yaw and one only CCW yaw. Yea there is a hug difference I just can’t figure out are the mechanicles not functioning right or is the pixhawk not functioning right.

Here is only full CCW [ left ] yaw. Looks to me rc 4 out is doing a lot?? ps I just did this on my basement floor it was not in flight just throttled up enough to let it spin easily on the smooth floor.

The quad spun quickly CCW on the floor as expected.

Here is only CW. Looks like ch 4 out isn’t doing much at all to make it yaw CW is that what you / anybody see’s too?

The quad did NOT spin CW on the floor as it should have.

I have now done a radio calibration twice with my Mac / APM P and one with a PC and Mission Planner. Radio calibration numbers for RC4 look as expected and have full travel both directions.

As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with RCIN/rudder demand, and everything to do with your copter fighting a yaw torque.

even a few degrees twist can cause a fairly large imbalance. Last time I saw one this bad was after the person crashed after the copter started yawing and descending as the battery discharged too far.

plot rcout 1 to 4 if you havent already

[quote=“RabbitStu”]As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with RCIN/rudder demand, and everything to do with your copter fighting a yaw torque.

even a few degrees twist can cause a fairly large imbalance. Last time I saw one this bad was after the person crashed after the copter started yawing and descending as the battery discharged too far.[/quote]

Holy S**T that was it!!! I took a look and sure enough two were VERY slightly twisted. 2-3 degrees tops. I didn’t think that would have that much effect but figured I try it before I proved you wrong but to my surprise after twisting them back straight it flies perfect! It was two out of the four AND because they both were twisted the same direction AND because both those motors spin the same direction AND the direction those two would create a CCW rotation they could not be overcome by the other two. Fairly high odds that not 1 or three or 4 but two motors and both the same direction… But it did! Thanks I’ve been scratching my heads for 3 weeks on this. Now I can fly again! I owe ya cold one man! :smiley:

sweet! glad she’s sorted…have fun!