Why doesn't my rover stop? (log included 4.0 and 4.1) the PRX data seem to have disappeared in the beta 4.1 data flash log

@Alberto_Ds your wish might just have been answered: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/projects/#6579984484794368

Its not possible now, but stay tuned this summer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good news! thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @rishabsingh3003 @rmackay9
I compiled the fw (now I have 4.2 dev) with the new server and I included the obstacle avoidance functions. Unfortunately, the simple stop doesnā€™t work either. the PRX data are in the log that I am attaching. What can I try? Thanks a lot!

log here:

@Alberto_Ds I donā€™t think Simple Avoidance was running at all because I donā€™t see the SA logs.
Please give me some time, Iā€™ll check out the custom build firmware and try and build it for myself and see if it works. Also, would it be possible to connect over Discord so that we can communicate quicker and get to the bottom of your problem?

1 Like

OK thanks @rishabsingh3003 a lot! I donā€™t have an on discord account, but I can create it if needed. Thank you

Here, my FW build log:

https://custom.ardupilot.org/builds/rover:omnibusf4pro:ae98545202423da2344f0699d70ca7240f87988b:0b8706c35527a7d1e51e724db40af249/build.log

Vehicle: Rover
Board: omnibusf4pro
Selected Features:
Enable EKF3
Enable MSP Telemetry
Enable MSP Sensors
Enable MSP Rangefinder
Enable Mode Follow
Enable Object Avoidance Path Planner
Enable Proximity

Hi @rishabsingh3003,

you have some news?

@Alberto_Ds sorry for the delay. Last night I made myself a simulated SITL binary of the FW you built and it seemed to be working fine. From your logs, proximity library seems to be working fine too!
I am puzzled as to why there are no ā€œSAā€ logs for avoidance even though the obstacles were detected super closeā€¦
The best I can think of right now is to give you a custom binary with a lot of logging enabled inside Simple Avoidance so that we can catch what the problem isā€¦ it definitely isnā€™t sensor related. And your parameters seem to be fine too. You havenā€™t been able to use the feature since Rover 4.0 right (i.e not just the latest version)?

Please let me know if youā€™d be willing to run the custom branch and give me the log files

Hi @rishabsingh3003 thanks for your interest!
Even in 4.0 the simple stop did not work. Certainly, I can test your FW and provide a log

Hi @rishabsingh3003,

you have some news about your custom binary?

Thanks a lot