Why am i Failsafe-ing?

Hi there folks

So i got the 550 flying well but after about 5 mins she decided to yellow flash on me with beep beep beeps and land?

UAV was only 4 or 5 m from me when this happened.

Then i rearmed, flew a minute or 2 more and it RTL this time with same light noise combo

I am using pixhawk with ublox gps dji f550 with dji 2212 motors
5000mah 3s batt, brand new battery.

Here are my logs…

Any help would be good,

Battery failsafe is triggering an RTL.
Your battery failsafe is set to trigger at 10V.
Your battery voltage starts at ~11.2V suggesting either low charge or un-calibrated battery sensor.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/826zdg8mk0eafst/Batt_Failsafe.jpg

Happy flying :wink:

That makes sense will get it re calibrated on the PC as opposed to the mac…
took her out before, she fell over and shattered two new graupners… not amused

Nothing but issues with the 550, had the 450 and it was great lol
Still i’ll get there lol

Thanks for the advice

Yep, gotta be the battery FS. By the way, I think you’re hovering pretty close to the limit for single-motor failure recovery.

You’ve left your FS_THR_VALUE at the default of 975. That needs to get set up properly - make sure that your channel 3 input goes to at least 10 below that value. If you’re using an FRSky, you could just clear your failsafe by pressing the FS button before powering your radio on - then you should be able to just disable the failsafe. Just make sure you test it and test that the radio output can never bounce on the failsafe line (could cause an in-air disarm.)

[quote=“jschall”]Yep, gotta be the battery FS. By the way, I think you’re hovering pretty close to the limit for single-motor failure recovery.

You’ve left your FS_THR_VALUE at the default of 975. That needs to get set up properly - make sure that your channel 3 input goes to at least 10 below that value. If you’re using an FRSky, you could just clear your failsafe by pressing the FS button before powering your radio on - then you should be able to just disable the failsafe. Just make sure you test it and test that the radio output can never bounce on the failsafe line (could cause an in-air disarm.)[/quote]

Thanks for the advice…

No FR sky for me, im using orange tx/rx on the back of a turnigy 9x.
So what ever my channel 3 starts at, i should set my FS to 10 above that?

[quote=“delflies”]No FR sky for me, im using orange tx/rx on the back of a turnigy 9x.
So what ever my channel 3 starts at, i should set my FS to 10 above that?[/quote]

Just so we’re totally clear on this procedure:
We’re reading the “channel 3 input” on your GCS of choice.
With your transmitter ON, read it with the stick at minimum and place that value in RC3_MIN (it should already be set properly)
With your transmitter ON, read it with the stick at maximum and place that value in RC3_MAX (it should already be set properly)
With your transmitter OFF, read it and we will call this value RC3_FS (not a parameter name, just so I can refer to this value without ambiguity)
Ensure that this condition is met: RC3_FS < (RC3_MIN - 20)
Set THR_FS_VALUE to RC3_FS + 10.

If the condition is not met, then the failsafe cannot be set until you adjust the throttle endpoints on your radio or adjust the receiver failsafe such that it is. If you must change your throttle endpoints, then you will need to recalibrate your radio and ESCs.

[quote=“jschall”][quote=“delflies”]No FR sky for me, im using orange tx/rx on the back of a turnigy 9x.
So what ever my channel 3 starts at, i should set my FS to 10 above that?[/quote]

Just so we’re totally clear on this procedure:
We’re reading the “channel 3 input” on your GCS of choice.
With your transmitter ON, read it with the stick at minimum and place that value in RC3_MIN (it should already be set properly)
With your transmitter ON, read it with the stick at maximum and place that value in RC3_MAX (it should already be set properly)
With your transmitter OFF, read it and we will call this value RC3_FS (not a parameter name, just so I can refer to this value without ambiguity)
Ensure that this condition is met: RC3_FS < (RC3_MIN - 20)
Set THR_FS_VALUE to RC3_FS + 10.

If the condition is not met, then the failsafe cannot be set until you adjust the throttle endpoints on your radio or adjust the receiver failsafe such that it is. If you must change your throttle endpoints, then you will need to recalibrate your radio and ESCs.[/quote]

So RC3_min is 1052 RC3_max 1960
so my FS figure should be 1040? is this right?

also any thoughts on how i could control my brushless gimbal, it has its oen control board, and on the 9xr i just had a feed from the reciever, but now i am using the sbus output to the pixhawk?

[qupte]So RC3_min is 1052 RC3_max 1960
so my FS figure should be 1040? is this right?[/quote]

The procedure I sent you says to turn the radio off and check the PWM output on channel 3 in your GCS (mission planner or whatever you use). I can’t tell you based on that information.
If the radio failsafe output causes the channel 3 input to bounce above and below the throttle FS value, it will disarm the copter in flight. This is designed to protect people who shut their radio off after landing and before disarming their copter - which would otherwise result in the copter taking off again, possibly straight into their face.