Which RC to chose?

So a taranis x9pro will work

I guess itā€™ll be the taranis x9 pro spectrcum 9 channel they want 600 plus bucks :()

Taranis x9d plus with hall sensors is a good optionā€¦you have also many frsky receivers options for it

1 Like

Also can sonone just lead me to the right firmware that was for the econvergence download to the pixhawk 4? The pic below is what Iā€™m making. Basicly a scaled up version of the econvergence from etflite

for planes you must flash arduplaneā€¦for copter arducopterā€¦for rover ardurover and for sub ardusub.

But isnā€™t there a mix in between? Iā€™m kinda confused lol

You must mean the Convergence from E-Flight. This type of craft is in ArduPlane along with other VTOLS.
https://ardupilot.org/plane/docs/guide-tilt-rotor.html

1 Like

with arduplane you can configure a normal plane or vtols planes., i donā€™t advice arducopter for vtols planes.
The code is near the same but settings are differents

1 Like

I understand that just wanted to be pointed in the right direction for the right software wold it be a problem if the motors are bigger like .10 instead of the 1300kv they originally came from?

On this older version of the pixfalcon, can the newer pixfalcon 4 work just like the older verision? I saw the older v r sion which only has 6 channels for like 184 bucks on ebay but Iā€™ll be getting the newer pix4 for like 45 or so someone sheā€™d me some light?

On mini pix4 the mcu STM32F405t that is the reduced version of the stm32f427vit6, old imu and baroā€¦ in few words the board its really up to date.
Just look for an alternativeā€¦ mro x2.1 red board and also the mRo x2.1 777 work pretty wellā€¦, both are not so expensive. The form factor is really good

BUT a regular pixhawk 4 would work right?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123807283872

Like this one for example?

Can I just use an,updated pixhawk 4 bigger size and call it that? I want some simplicity in connecting things the two boar d u referee to seem a little more complex bUT I get that they are derived from the pixhawk4

Why donā€™t you just Google ā€œarduplane convergenceā€ and you will find several examples of this type of craft with various Flight Controllers. Just about any Flight Controller that will run Arduplane is suitable, itā€™s not that complicated.

Or put ā€œconvergenceā€ in the search box here and find more examples.

1 Like

You csn use for your project all the fc supported by Ardupilot.
Me on my projects im using the mRo control zero ā€¦ mro x2.1-777 and the new Pixracer pro.
The choice of the flight controller itā€™s also about the extra hardware you want use in your project.

1 Like

Will do yes that seems to be a good idea

Ok so Iā€™ll get the poxhawk4 with airspeed sensor and gps for better transitioningfrom hover and forward flight u hear that itā€™s potential to flip in a loop lol if it goes too fast in transitioning mode

The choice of the flight controller depends about the application you needā€¦ and its correlated to the extra hardware you need

Can you break down what I need in series lol