Which Parameters control the mission execution speed?

Hey guys! Which parameters should I change to give my drone a little bit of extra speed if I’m using a 2200KV Motor ??

Focus on getting the copter tuned first (https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-tuning.html), then think about upping the speed. Basically once you’ve got it tuned, figure out what the maximum angle you can fly at without losing altitude, and set that as ANGLE_MAX

Hey, James! Thanks for your advice. I tried using PX4 and Qgroundcontrol and I figured out which params should I raise. I literally overclocked the security parameters for people trying to do it:
Search Horizontal Velocity Yaw Angle and Vertical Velocity

Speed on which modes? GPS enabled modes or other modes like stabilize, acro?

I wanted to speed it up while doing a mission.

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html#wpnav-speed-waypoint-horizontal-speed-target
You can increase WPNAV_SPEED.
But don’t increase too much at first time, I don’t know the limits of your vehicle.
The value is in cm/s and as I remember the default value is 500 which is 5m/s. I believe you can do 8-10m/s safely at first time which is 800-1000. Keep your eyes on the vehicle during the mission and keep the mission short and nearby as possible if you are not trusting your vehicle much yet. After that you can do other experiments with different speed levels. If you want the speed as much as possible, you need to go into the tuning process.

From another thread he’s talking about 40m/s on an Auto Mission. I think you will be disappointed trying to hit that goal. I have tried high mission speeds much lower than that and had stability problems. Surging, loss of altitude, EKF errors I would guess from positional errors. I did ask a couple times in previous posts if the GPS update rate was a factor here but didn’t receive an answer.

1 Like

I hope you get an answer. I really need it rn @dkemxr

Would switching my drone to AutoTune mode be enough

No. Follow the tuning guide exactly. Every step.

Ok then thank you guys!