Which branch should I use to develop [Q1 2014]

Hi

I want to start experimenting with a few ideas and possibly helping with new features and fixing bugs. However I have noticed the master branch is very different from the current released version. Should I use the master branch to develop new features or should the last released 1.x version?

Cheers

Gus
PS I am really liking the look of V2.x, although it does not really fit on a phone!

Hello al2950.

You should develop from master, we are going to release it soon. And this way you will avoid merge problems that would otherwise happen if you started from “stable” (code state of Google Play release v1.2.0).

We had a nice discussing about this the other day, and here is a summary of the conclusions:
github.com/DroidPlanner/droidpl … t-30862365

Cheers Arthur,

One last question which didnt not seem to be answered in your link; should we be forking and syncing with DroidPlanner/droidplanner or indirectly with your arthurbenemann/droidplanner repo?

You should do it from “DroidPlanner/droidplanner”, the other one is my own fork, also all the issues and the wiki are there.
github.com/DroidPlanner/droidplanner

As a bonus here you can find a couple of links to get you started:
github.com/DroidPlanner/droidpl … uild-Setup
github.com/DroidPlanner/droidpl … h-the-code

I thought as much, thank you for confirming. However please note the instructions on the build-setup wiki page refers to yours not the droidplanner repo, which meant I forked yours before I realised what I was doing!

@al2950 Thanks I have forgotten to update the wiki. It’s correct now. You can just remove your fork and re-fork from DroidPlanner/droidplanner, even if you have developed something (that’s the beauty of GIT, the source is distributed and you are not locked to a central repo).

If you need assistance i anything just call me via Google Hangouts.