Where to get *decent* motors ? with decent bearings

Earlier I used Robbe , now they introduced noisy, sloppy bearings and even expensive resellers like mikrokopter.de won’t provide a guarantee replacement.

Recently I tried 12 NTM Propdrive. 28-30
Sloppy, noisy bearings on all but three motors.

Sure, it works, but finding a decent motor seems crazy difficult.
I want something of decent quality. Preferably for 4 cell , 800-900VA , 10x4.7 prop, ~200W

[quote=“Andre-K”]
I want something of decent quality. Preferably for 4 cell , 800-900VA , 10x4.7 prop, ~200W[/quote]
Have you tried Tiger Motors?

no, very expensive, even on simple stuff like prop adapters, bearings and basically every accessory/part. (A proof of greed; so and I am not sure if it’s just a beautified pig ) If, for example they offered reasonably priced bearings ABCE, maybe ceramic - I’d seen it as a part being available, and take it as a plus, - selling beatings of unspecified size and quality for a high price, makes me think the motors may be poorly balanced, or low quality bearings are used to harvest on the after-sales.

Mostly important they seem to like non-standard stuff, like propellers with off pitch and hub. The hub might be fine, but I’d rather have the option to test CF 10x4.5-7 from different manufacturers and check tracking/efficiency, than being suck with motors that “need” uncommon props to be optimal.

On the other hand, - if people really said this is very well balanced, well made motors, efficient propellers, and so on…

[quote="
On the other hand, - if people really said this is very well balanced, well made motors, efficient propellers, and so on…[/quote]
Have a look around at the high end larger copters and I think you will see that many of them use Tiger motors. I’ve had good luck with them myself. You can use whatever props you want with them. I’ve tested a lot and I keep coming back to their carbon fibre props. They are odd pitches because they provide more thrust. A 4.5 pitch Tiger will out thrust a 5.0 of another brand.
I’ve never had to change a bearing. I think they are rated for about 60 hours. What is it that you are doing that requires changing bearings?

[quote=“dazzab”][quote="
What is it that you are doing that requires changing bearings?[/quote]

I guess I am flying a lot and having a maintenance schedule ? :slight_smile:
Just very interested in no funny-noises and pure perfection, not only when flying, but when checking on ground for play between parts. - Often changing to ABCE ceramic bearings wherever I can. mostly even cheaper motors (with proper bearings+balancing) work without need of new bearings much more than 60hrs.
Hoping to stop doing the balancing and bearing replacements (on new motors) myself, but buy proper quality goods.

Also, you’ve been using Tiger CF-props;
At the price, do they track perfectly and come pre-balanced ?
-Today: I purchase many, then throw away whatever do not track perfectly, then balance if needed. - if balance is too much off then > trashbin. This is ok with me, but then I get good price at bulk purchase from a manufacturer (that also claims to have good quality control)

[quote=“Andre-K”]Also, you’ve been using Tiger CF-props;
At the price, do they track perfectly and come pre-balanced ?
-Today: I purchase many, then throw away whatever do not track perfectly, then balance if needed. - if balance is too much off then > trashbin. This is ok with me, but then I get good price at bulk purchase from a manufacturer (that also claims to have good quality control)[/quote]
I just pay for quality props and get on with it.

[quote=“dazzab”]
I just pay for quality props and get on with it.[/quote]

Does that mean you “pay’n’fly”, or pay - inspect it closely, test for vibrations, and find them good without additional balancing ?

Anyway - thank you for your input.

I just slap some duct tape on it, add a few cable ties and send it on it’s way. If a few screws come loose here and there who cares? There are plenty of them on it and it helps to reduce the weight.

You can give AXI a try (not cheap !)

-Marco