Where is the "arducopter.pde" File?

Hallo,

I used this Tutorial: dev.ardupilot.com/wiki/building- … ual-micro/

I created a github account, forked and cloned the source code. Installed Visual Studio and the other software and configured all.

But then I realised that there is no “arducopter.pde” file !?!?!

From the tutorial:

[quote]Open the arducopter.pde sketch: File>>Open>>Sketch Project:
Select Copter\arducopter.pde (or arducopter.pde file in you code folder.)[/quote]

I think, I should be in the ardupilot repository on github!?!

I’m wrong? Is the tutorial wrong? Is the arducopter.pde file lost?

@CopterOldenburg,
I think that the ArduCopter .pde file is now a .cpp file.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Thanks for the reply.

When I open the ArduCopter.cpp File in Visual Studio I cannot build it!

[quote]Build the code: Build>>Clean Solution then Build>>Build Solution. The code should build without error. Depending on what source code your are using, you may get the message “Sketch too big …”. You can reduce the size by un-commenting some of the compile options in APM_Config.h.
Important: Each time you change a #define statement (or comment one or un-comment one) you must do Build>>Clean Solution followed by Build>>Rebuild Solution. Details are below in the Hints and Notes section.[/quote]

I think a .pde File is different from a C++ File ?!?

Thanks for your answer.

When I try to open the ardocopter.cpp file as an arduino project, it does not work.

[quote]Open the arducopter.pde sketch: File>>Open>>Sketch Project:
Select Copter\arducopter.pde (or arducopter.pde file in you code folder.)[/quote]

What you can do is to download the erlier version of ArduCopter (3.2.1).
https://github.com/diydrones/ardupilot/tree/ArduCopter-3.2.1

This version contains the .pde files and you should be able to compile it with the “special arduino version” provided by Ardupilot.

I have the MiniApm and when I compiled it sad “Sketch too big” and I had to uncomment some lines in APM_Config.h

// uncomment the lines below to save on flash space if compiling for the APM using Arduino IDE. Top items save the most flash space #define LOGGING_ENABLED DISABLED // disable dataflash logging to save 11K of flash space #define MOUNT DISABLED // disable the camera gimbal to save 8K of flash space //#define AUTOTUNE_ENABLED DISABLED // disable the auto tune functionality to save 7k of flash #define AC_FENCE DISABLED // disable fence to save 2k of flash #define CAMERA DISABLED // disable camera trigger to save 1k of flash #define CONFIG_SONAR DISABLED // disable sonar to save 1k of flash #define POSHOLD_ENABLED DISABLED // disable PosHold flight mode to save 4.5k of flash