Where do I start - Controlling drone from PC via RaspPi

Hey guys. I’m a total beginner with ardupilot and with raspberry pi but I’m jumping in at the deep end. I’m getting a custom built drone with a HolyBro Durandall flight controller. I have a Raspberry Pi 4 B which I’d like to set up as a companion computer. I’d like to be able to run code on the RaspPi that instructs the flight controller of where to go. The RaspPi will be connected to the internet with a 4G dongle. I’d like to be able to send commands from my PC to the RaspPi to influence the commands given to the flight controller. I’d also like to receive live telemetry back at my PC.

As I’m a beginner I’m unsure about the whole architecture of what I need to do. This is my current understanding and I’d really appreciate any corrections and instructions about how to achieve each step in practice.

Flight Controller - runs arducopter

RaspPi - connected to the flight controller via serial port. I understand this can communicate with the flight controller using MAVLink - what do I install and how do I set up the RaspPi to achieve this?

PC - I think this will be running Mission Planner which I can hopefully use to send instructions to the RaspPi and receive data in real time. I don’t know how to connect the PC to the RaspPi over a 4G network

I’m asking at this stage because I know these things have been achieved before and there are many ways I could explore to try to achieve what I want. I’d really appreciate some guidance on how to proceed and hopefully I can create a tutorial for anybody else hoping to achieve similar in the future. Thanks

google for ardupilot and Apsync.