When Zooming out, trace mission line is left on map

Hello,

With AP 2.0.23-rc1 on Ubuntu 16.04 I’m seeing in a mapped mission an overlay of my map, first image. If I zoom out the real mission gets smaller, as it should, but the overlay stays the same size. Am I doing something wrong which creates this phantom overlay?

There has been no activity on this thread in a month. Is there a better place to keep up to date on this release?

It’s a bug in APM Planner 2.0 where it seems to keep a trace of a mission on the screen. It needs to be fixed

Releases are slow at the moment. monitoring the forums here is where announcements will be made

Other than that it works great. Thanks for the hard work. Can’t wait for rc2.

This bug remains in version apm_planner_2.0.23-rc3_xenial64.deb.

It’s not fixed this bug tracks it https://github.com/ArduPilot/apm_planner/issues/574

It’s quite a challenging one. How are you connecting to the drone, USB/WiFi or 3DR Radio?

Radio but I can try USB in a little while if that might help to rule things out.

Overlay Happens:

1. Boot Pixhawk with battery
  2. Start APM Planner and stay in Flight Data page.
  3. Connect via Radio with a mission in PH so Auto Load occurs.
  4. Switch to Flight Plan page and there is the overlay.

Overlay Happens:

1. Boot Pixhawk with USB
  2. Start APM Planner and stay in Flight Data page.
  3. Connect via USB with a mission in PH so Auto Load occurs.
  4. Switch to Flight Plan page and there is the overlay.

No Overlay:

1. Boot Pixhawk with battery
  2. Connect USB cable
  3. Start APM Planner and stay in Flight Data page.
  4. Connect via USB with a mission in PH. Note: Auto load mission doesn’t happen like above.
  5. Switch to Flight Plan and manually load mission. Map looks fine even when zooming.

This is happening during the auto load mission and only seen in the Flight Plan page, not Flight Data page.

I fixed this issue - at the moment its still a Pull Request, but when it gets in (I think in the next week) it will be fixed.

That’s great. Can’t wait for the next compiled version for Ubuntu. Still on 2.0.24. Maybe, some day, we will see mission support for terrain. :relaxed: