When I put a cell phone on the plane, it's all fun

When I put a mobile phone on the plane, everything became interesting.
A mobile phone was placed on the plane and the remote control was turned on. Shared WIFI, the flight controller can connect to the server built by itself through WIFI, so that the images and data can be transmitted back to its own computer through the network.

https://youtu.be/FkuZuoJBHfc

1 Like

you should have a look at andruav.

Almost, similar things, but the delay of building your own server can be around 200MS

Hello @1111153
Could you please share, how do you connect the FC to the moblile phone via wifi to get telemetry data?
Which device provide wifi (hotspot)?
Does mobile phone connect to the FC via wifi ? (Meaning the FC provide the hotspot using wifi card Esp. xxxx)?
I did test this connection, I mean I connect the FC to the mobile phone to start getting telemetri… Eventhough they can connect, but Mission planner can not get connectesu

Tks…

Use ESP8266 to connect the flight controller and mobile phone, and the mobile phone shares wifi hotspot to ESP8266. Then you also need a server to transfer data between the mobile phone and your computer.

This is the code of the server. If your computer is a public IP, you can directly use the TCP connection.

If it is not a public network IP, then you need to use services such as intranet transparent transmission

This server code runs with python on port 5566
单客户发送5566.zip (1.3 KB)

1 Like