What is appropriate value for 3DR Telemetry module radio RSSI?

Hello, you always attach the official guide for reference, but this is an example where the guide doesn’t cover everything.

https://ardupilot.org/rover/docs/savetrim.html

This guide mentions setting RC5 to SAVE TRIM (5), but this feature was deprecated starting from Rover version 4.1, and the documentation has not been updated.

The actual steps are different from the docs, and give confusing.

Every case is special. you have to read the questions and understand first.

This is an open quesiton, the reality is much more complicated. You have to find the rootcause step by step. It’s a good start from guides.

And I have tried my best to provide way to test and get the rootcause. I think you have found the rootcause is your antenna, and actually, I have give you tip on how to identify the antenna by test or look the length of the antenna.

How could I know/ guess the exact reason with little info and feedback.

------------ EDIT

BTW, I don’t know what you are talking about? Is this another topic???

No, it’s not a different topic.

I mentioned previously that you continuously attach unrelated official guides to my forum posts.

My latest response was explaining this.

Again, your answer proved that you reply without reading my questions. You edited your post and admitted that you didn’t read my topic beyond just one line.

I have give you tip on how to identify the antenna by test or look the length of the antenna.

← No, why do you think you gave tips on antenna testing? I had already mentioned that I was conducting antenna tests before you said antenna test. and, It’s an obvious step without needing to be mentioned.
What I questioned was RSSI value,(I’m saying this repeatedly about 6 times, Please…)

Otherwise, The username “copilot”’ sanswer was very short and helpful.

As I already said, the antenna lengths were all identical, so your suggestion wasn’t helpful in distinguishing them. Honestly, I find that hard to believe.

I have an RFD868 modem. On the screenshot you can see my parameter settings, and there is also a Volpert-Smith chart, which shows the correct antenna setting

This is a text from the modem guide: . Setup modems approximately 5 metres apart with one vertical antenna on each
(preferably dipole antennas) with at least one modem connected to the PC. Wait for
modems to connect and run an RSSI test, using AT command ‘AT&T=RSSI’, through a
terminal or, by review the RSSI values from the mission planner logs if available. The
local and remote (L/R) values should be within 5 points of each other, and both
should exceed 200, with the modems set to 20dBm or more output power. If one
value is significantly lower than the other (>20 difference in RSSI) then there is likely
a fault in the modem receiver filter and the faulty modem will need to be swapped
out for a replacement unit.

1 Like

1 Like