What GCS for Linux Mint 20.1 (based on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal)?

I developed on Windows and used and liked Mission Planner.
Now I changed to Linux Mint 20.1 (based on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal) and realized, that MP is not really developed to run on Linux.

I don’t use a GCS on the airfield, but I need it on the desk to test with SITL. And also to prepare Missions and to analyze logs.

Some users are running MP with mono on Linux, but there are some problems to connect with SITL and analyzing logs is also not possible - so it seems that is not a good choice for me.

So I had a look at APM Planner, but the latest version here https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Tools/APMPlanner/ is from 2018 for xenial/bionic and not for focal.

So I’m insecure what I should try.

Has anybody running APM Planner on Linux Mint 20.1 (Ulyssa) or on Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal) without problems?

What would you suggest?

QGroundControl and MavExplorer (part of mavProxy)

1 Like

Thank you @amilcarlucas, I gave it a try and I would say - its OK.
QGC has weaknesses when it’s necessary to select a parameter that QGC is not knowing (e.g. a new function for an aux-switch).
In that cases I helped myself by editing the parameter-file with a text-editor, but that’s not really comfortable. I know that problem because I’m using the QGC on android on my cellphone to change some parameters on the airfield.
If there is a trick to do such changes - every hint is welcome :smiley:

Btw: Is it possible to enlarge that two “thumpnail”-instruments in the right upper corner?

I think it is better to ask in the QGC channel on this forum.