I am familiar with bathymetric mapping using my Humminbird fishfinder on my 14’ aluminum boat, however I am looking at automating it. I have played with Mission Planner to get familiar with the software before obtaining any hardware. I am in the process of purchasing all the hardware and just wanted some feedback.
This is what I am looking at for the electronics side is:
The boat is a 5’ PT109 Patrol Boat with Zenoah G260PUM 25cc engine and twin drive props. It’s used and needs to be completed, which won’t be a problem. But it’s a fairly large working platform to work with and the price is right…
- I was just wondering what would be the range this boat would be limited to? Can you program in Mission Planner the route and load it into the PixHawk and let it go?
- Does it need to be within radio range, I would assume not? What is the range of the radio?
- Which frequency telemetry would provide the best range? What would the typical range be?
- Is there any way to increase the range?
- For the price range is there any other hardware better than the Pixhawk PX4 that will work with Mission Planner?