Welcome v3.1 and thanks dev team

First time loiter with 3.1 and 5010 620kv motors… thx
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvHe5NrXF2c[/youtube]

also tested RTL… fine
[youtube]http://youtu.be/4zhrU151Td4[/youtube]

Any chance you can add a choice of which stick Drift is assigned to in the next release. Many of use fly mode 4 in Australia (rudder and elevator is on the right, throttle and aileron on the left). Drift seems great other than the fact I have the turning on the finger with the throttle taking away the advantage. A simple drop down to select if drift is on rudder or aileron would be great (seems kinda unnatural not to put turning on the rudder to me but then again most people are mode 1 or 2 internationally I guess…)

Thanks Team!
I did a simple mission with six waypoints, the sixth being auto land.
I think the picture says it all…

I add to you, We fly mode 4 too :smiley:

I add to you, We fly mode 4 too :smiley:[/quote]

Me Too

Drift is really nice! Would there be a way to use the programming for drift as the turning command at waypoints to eliminate the hard yaw/mechanical turn behavior it uses now? And adding altitude control similar to what is used in ALT mode or GPS mode where the throttle stick controls altitude instead of motor speed would put drift over the top!

Hello, first i want to thanks very much developers team. Thanks!, i´m using an hexacopter RCtimer 550 motors HP2212-1000KV , speeds: SK30A, 1045 Carbon Fiber Prop, 4500ma 4S Lipo, external BEC, APM 2.5, external GPS, Futaba 8g, RX Corona 8Ch 2.4 , 5%compassmot.
I used to fly with 3.01 and it flies really well. It did great RTL´s and a couple misions OK, with land included. A week ago i actualized to 3.1. Just a few flies, but i notices that loiter its similar to preview version (really good), but when i rotate the hexa - give some yaw - it´s lost the Z axis, i mean it moves outwards. With 3.01 version i did a lot of turns in loiter mode and it always kept the Z axis, but now it moves…more yaw i give more displacement…
i try increasing Ploiter…and i tried many times…it´s go better increasing P and I Loiter…and with more altitude. I tried a couple of RTLS fine and a mision and went ok…but i dont know what´s hapend in loiter mode with yaw…
any idea?
Many thanks!

Thanks Dev’s! I’m using it on a heavy lift (6kg) octo and small quad. Both are flying great!

How do I get APM 3.1?

I am new to APM. I just received the new Pixhawk. I downloaded Mission Planner using the link “Permanent link to latest”. Downloaded and installed “MissionPlanner-latest.msi”. After opening the Mission Planner, I can not determine which version it is. I just see “Mission Planner 1.2.93 build 1.1.5131.36508” in the Titlebar. Is this APM 3.1? How do I get 3.1 firmware on my new Pixhawk?

Hi QUAD4EVER,

You can see the firmware version in the initial setup, Install firmware.

copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … o-pixhawk/

Thanks, dev team for such an amazing accomplishment, not only in this last version but all the other versions that lead to this "engineering work of art"
Keep up the good work!

Hi,

I would like to thank you for all the work you’ve done.
My copter is not flying yet due to some servo problems.
BUT, I saw the many videos showing the performance of every single versions of Arducopter and it just outstanding.

Regards,
Try to keep doing this. It’s just amazing for us.

Hi Everyone this is my first post on the APM forums,
I feel now like I have a more direct line of communication with the developers involved in the development of this awesome platform…so here goes… I have had this question bugging me for a long time
why do we have that crazy sequence for the calibration of the accelerometer, what are the advantages of this method over something we see with the multiiwii or KK platforms…I am sorry if this question has been answered before…but if someone would answer this I would be thankful…what would happen if we do not place the copter perfectly 90 degrees on its side with respect to the ground…will this mess up the calibration… :neutral_face:

I just want to say a massive thanks to all that have been working on the 3.1 releases! Amazing work, and as a user, I’m much appreciative of the support.

Happy flying!

Thank you the dev team for this awesome software!

This is the first time in my life when I believe that the open source solution is better than any other solution.

I was litterally amazed when I saw the demonstration of a quad loosing a propeller and still be able to fly!
It is almost real rocket science :smiley:

Thanks for all :wink:

I’m new and I wanted to thank you for the help you give to us novices who are preparing to fly.

Reguards

Gorthan