Waypoint navigation issue

You can’t test Acro Mode on the bench. It’s trying to maintain a heading which of course it can’t when it’s fixed in place.

then we can say that the behaviour of the vehicle turning its wheels when it switches to acro mode is normal. right?

Yes, but it still might be going the wrong way. Get it out and drive it.

Hello friends

What is the model of the motor drivers you use in your own projects. I will examine those motor drivers and try to understand their connections and make an application for my own project.

So far, for projects of the size you have, I’ve only used Sabertooth controllers.

My other projects are likely irrelevant in this topic.

Hi;

I didn’t succeed in my attempt today.
I added a single waypoint as a straight line and put it in auto mode. at the beginning it goes straight and then it starts to turn in a way that I don’t understand.

you can see in the video

I also put it in acro mode. its behavior in acro mode was more strange. when I gave the command to turn in place, it started to turn without stopping. I had to give a command in the opposite direction to stop it. the video is below.

I think I’m not going to make it. I don’t have much hope because I did everything I could do, everything I could try, but the situation is obvious and I couldn’t go one step further.

Videos do almost nothing to solve problems. Share the log files.

So long as ACRO mode does not work, you are wasting your time with waypoints.

I will send the logs.

what is the path I need to follow to run it correctly in acro mode.

@Yuri_Rage Log file is here - Last_LOG.bin - Google Drive

I think you probably have the left motors connected to the right output and vice versa.

That would explain proper straight-ahead direction and backwards steering, which is what appears in your log, so far as I can see.

Set:
SERVO1_FUNCTION=74
SERVO3_FUNCTION=73
CRUISE_SPEED=1
WP_SPEED=1

Then submit another log where you attempt to drive in both MANUAL and ACRO modes (do not use AUTO).

A simple way to test is put it in acro while still on the ground without any rc inputs, then pull it around left or right yaw. And watch the output of the wheels, props, servos whatever. If it doesn’t output a correction to OPPOSE the movement that you introduced to the vehicle then you have the reversing wrong and you need to fix it so that the controller outputs the correct directions in manual and acro at the same time…
If you pay no attention to this its a 50/50 chance of being wrong initially and i believe its the single most common thing people get wrong.