Way to reduce roll while in auto mode?

Greetings.

I flew my VTOL with rectangular route like above picture,

and found roll degree can be up to 45 degrees.

I know there is spline route, but it is too complex to plan in short time and make my mission planner stuck.

is there way to reduce roll rate in this route?

I want my plane to enter the route line very smoothly.

I already tried make waypoint radius larger.

Is what you mean that you want the aircraft to track the flight path accurately, but the roll response is slow and the tracking error is large, right?

Does what you said above “roll degree can be up to 45 degrees” mean that the physical roll limit of your aircraft is up to 45 degrees? You can set the maximum bank angle with LIM_ROLL_CD. Is there a reason why you can’t set it higher than 45 degrees?

The roll response of the aircraft can be improved in the following ways

• Increase LIM_ROLL_CD to about 6500
  • Perform AutoTune to tune the roll controller.
  • Reduce NAVL1_PERIOD to 7 or 6

Whether or not these settings will solve your problem depends on the performance of your aircraft.
Increasing LIM_ROLL_CD also increases the risk of stall, so you will also need a setting to prevent it. For example, increasing ARSPD_FBW_MIN or setting STALL_PREVENTION=1, and so on.

Is what you mean that you want the aircraft to track the flight path accurately, but the roll response is slow and the tracking error is large, right?

← No, my aircraft tracks the flight path accurately. In fact, it is too accurate so it is problem.

The problem is that My colleague, who has experience with aircraft, mentioned that having a big bank angle during turns can be dangerous, and My aircraft is very big and expensive. Therefore, I want to reduce the bank angle.

Currently, the bank angle can go up to 45 degrees while auto missions. I want to diminish the bank angle to 10 degrees. I want to slow down the speed that follow waypoint line. as I will fly my VTOL on sea, it have no problem definitely.

Oh, sorry for my poor English reading comprehension.

If you want to set the bank angle to 10 degrees, just set LIM_ROLL_CD=1000. Also, if you set NAVL1_PERIOD=10 or more, the turn will be slower.

The distance between the WPs must be quite long, since the response of the plane will be quite slow.