Way-point Events

I’m currently using the ArduRover code (branched at 2.42beta) to control a rc boat, which I’ve started calling R/V Rob. This boat is being outfitted with a variety of oceanographic sensors and will be taken to Greenland in September to collect ocean mixing data at the terminus of two different glaciers. For more information on the project see: oceantrekker.net/rv-rob-the-autopilot/

What I’m wondering is what is the best way to go about adding a new way-point event to both the APM and Mission Planner software. I would like to be able to select ‘CTD-Cast’ and specify the depth much like you can select ‘Loiter - Time’ and specify the seconds. Is it easy to add a new event, or should I re-purpose an existing one to save having to change the Mission Planner code?

So I’ve figured out how to add the MAV message to the APM firmware and update the library so the new event is recognized.

I’ve also found that by adding the command to the XML mavcmd file in the Mission Planner folder the new event shows up in the Flight Planner command list. However, when I try to upload the new event to the APM via MAVLink, I get an error that the event was not found. The error message is as follows:

[quote]Requested value ‘CTD_CAST’ was not found at
ArdupilotMega.GCSViews.FlightPlanner.saveWPs(Object sender, ProgressWorkerEventArgse, Object passdata) in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\GCSViews\FlightPlanner.cs:lin1411
at ArdupilotMega.Controls.ProgressReporterDialogue.RunBackgroundOperation(Objecto) in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\Controls\ProgressReporterDialogue.cs:lin77[/quote]

I’m confused, and will apologize in advance for not being a windows programmer, but I can neither find the files or user ‘hog’. Any suggestions on proceeding forward for getting a new event into the Mission Planner? I’d also like to this new event to the first drop-down list on the Flight_Data->Actions.

Thanks.

So I’ve figured out how to add the MAV message to the APM firmware and update the library so the new event is recognized.

I’ve also found that by adding the command to the XML mavcmd file in the Mission Planner folder the new event shows up in the Flight Planner command list. However, when I try to upload the new event to the APM via MAVLink, I get an error that the event was not found. The error message is as follows:

[quote]Requested value ‘CTD_CAST’ was not found at
ArdupilotMega.GCSViews.FlightPlanner.saveWPs(Object sender, ProgressWorkerEventArgse, Object passdata) in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\GCSViews\FlightPlanner.cs:lin1411
at ArdupilotMega.Controls.ProgressReporterDialogue.RunBackgroundOperation(Objecto) in c:\Users\hog\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\ArdupilotMega\ArdupilotMega\Controls\ProgressReporterDialogue.cs:lin77[/quote]

I’m confused, and will apologize in advance for not being a windows programmer, but I can neither find the files or user ‘hog’. Any suggestions on proceeding forward for getting a new event into the Mission Planner? I’d also like to this new event to the first drop-down list on the Flight_Data->Actions.