Waterproof JSN-SR04T Ultrasonic Distance Sensor

The wiki page Waterproof JSN-SR04T Ultrasonic Distance Sensor — Plane documentation lacks a connection diagram. Some sensors connect to I2C ports. Some connect to serial ports. If I read the wiki correctly, the JSN-SR04T connects to two aux ports.

Please tell me if this is correct:

RNGFND1_MAX_CM = “600” (i.e. 6.0m max range for v3.0 ver)
RNGFND1_MIN_CM = “20” (i.e. 20cm min range for v3.0 ver)
RNGFND1_STOP_PIN = 55 (Enter GPIO number for pin attached to JSN-SR04T “Trigger” pin. See GPIOs.) (Aux6 = GPIO pin 55)
RNGFND1_PIN = 54 (Enter GPIO number for pin attached to JSN-SR04T “Echo” pin.) (Aux5 = GPIO pin 54)
RNGFND1_TYPE = “30” (HC-SR04 sonar)
RNGFND1_ORIENT = “25” (Downward facing) if used for altitude control.

Yes, It connects the same as other cheap Ultrasonic sensors to 2 GPIO configured ports. Aux ports can be configured for GPIO. But there will not be 5V on those ports.

I think you will also need to set SERVO13_FUNCTION and SERVO14_FUNCTION to -1 to enable GPIO on AUX 5 and AUX 6.

Thank you for the information. I hope to make this exactly correct enough to go on the wiki.

Is it correct now?

RNGFND1_STOP_PIN = 55 (Enter GPIO number for pin attached to JSN-SR04T “Trigger” pin. See GPIOs.) (Aux6 = GPIO pin 55)
RNGFND1_PIN = 54 (Enter GPIO number for pin attached to JSN-SR04T “Echo” pin.) (Aux5 = GPIO pin 54)
SERVO13_FUNCTION “-1” (to enable GPIO on AUX 5)
SERVO14_FUNCTION “-1” (to enable GPIO on AUX 6)

It should be almost identical to this HC-SR04 Sonar Rangefinder — Copter documentation

It doesn’t need it own dedicated power supply, you just need to have a 5v supply connected to the servo rail to power it but either way works.

I see. However, that article also lacks a connection diagram. That is what I’m trying to create.

Is this best practices?

SERVO13_FUNCTION “-1” (to enable GPIO on AUX 5)
SERVO14_FUNCTION “-1” (to enable GPIO on AUX 6)