VTOL takes off and lands automatically on moving platform

Mobile takeoff and landing is a powerful feature because it is what allows us to create such an amazing application. Thanks Andrew!

This is one of our shoots.

[ (2) VTOL UAV takes off and lands automatically on moving platform | CUAV Raefly VT240 - YouTube ]( (2) VTOL UAV takes off and lands automatically on moving platform | CUAV Raefly VT240 - YouTube )

Our VTOL uses the Pixhawk V6X flight controller and the ardupilot firmware plane 4.3.3 stable version . Through the Smart Boot Beacon, the Raefly VT240 automatically takes off and lands on a moving ship, follows the moving platform to fly, and lands precisely after the mission is completed. The Smart Boot Beacon is made up of a Pixhawk V6X and two C-RTK 9Ps running Rover 4.3…

Welcome everyone to communicate together! Thank you again, Andrew, for your assistance!

2 Likes

Sorry, I am very interested in your experiment. I am currently trying this experiment, but there is an abnormal altitude situation after the aircraft is connected to the beacon. Has this happened to you before? Do you have any suggestions for solutions?

Hello,
Can you give us the parameter file for the beacon and the plane?
Thank you.
Raúl

Is your beacon at the same altitude as the aircraft? Our aircraft was placed at the same altitude as the beacon.

First of all thank you very much for your reply

The height difference between the beacon and the aircraft is about 2~3m, but the error I displayed is very large.

Although the error will get smaller and smaller after repowering 2-3 times, I’m not sure if it’s because I did something wrong.

I will test if placing the aircraft at the same altitude as the beacon solves this problem. Thanks for your advice.