VTOL Plane Climbing On RTL

I have been seeing a few issues lately that the VTOL 4.4.3 behaves differently than previous flights. One of these strange things if the plane will fly normal but when RTL is initiated it just keeps climbing. does not matter what parameter I set it ignores that and climbs.

1 Like

@Chaoschoppers do you have the tlog of this flight? I’m struggling to find an explanation, and I’d like to check the tlog as there are quite a few missing packets in the bin log, and I am hoping the missing details may be in the tlog.

I will upload one hopefully tomorrow. I did a full parameter reset and put the file back in again the same as it was and it flies fine now. So it seems like a file or some code was maybe corrupted somehow. I have another vtol im going to try this on because it has an issue when it never disarms and sometimes lands really fast and sometimes normal even though again it has all the same parameters as all the other identical units. So im hoping this will fix it as well.

Here is the tlog first flight of the day. Vtol was flying absolutely terrible. Previous flight was perfect a few months ago. Refreshed the parameters and reinstalled them the same and its good again. See what you can see from this tlog.

Thanks guys

Monty Allan
Custom Unmanned Systems
Box 506 Swift Current
Saskatchewan Canada
S9h-3W3
306-741-8368
https://chaos-unmanned.ca/

2023-12-13 12-22-45.tlog (3.51 MB)