VTOL distance transition

Hi,
I fly with quadplane with arduplane 4.1.
Usually, I fly it in auto flight mode and the mission ends with a qrtl waypoint near the home position. The quadplane, when in qrtl mode, continue to fly in “plane mode” until it is near the home position where it make a transition in “multicopter mode”. The problem is that every time that it made the airbrake and the transition, it go beyond the landing point and it must return back to be over the landing point and after it lands. It seems that it makes the airbrake maneuver too late.
It is possible to anticipate, in distance, the airbrake maneuver?
Thank you

i imagine there might be a parameter for this (use the regex search in the Full Parameter Tree tab), but if not could you use another waypoint to set speed lower etc?

1 Like

I’ve tried to search a parameter that could help me, but I didn’t find…
I can try with your second solution.
Thank you

The latest 4.1.x and for sure the upcoming 4.2 has a specific feature to handle energy and braking for transitions with qrtl, please check documentation for rtl and then qrtl.

In my case, I have measured the mean transition distance (~70m) and I put a waypoint followed by a do transition command in my mission and then a qland command on the desired spots.

1 Like

Thank you for your solution.
I will try your solution too.