Vtol 4.1.1 to sharp stopping before vertical landing

Hello.
I have problem with Vtol Plane.
It is stoping to sharp before landing.
Also i have problem with roll P 0.105; I 0.15; D 0.001; Should I decrese P Value?

Logs :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l_EcsZLax5iwN1D7aAAz5VR6a6HidXuA/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

@robertpoland very sorry for not noticing this until now.
The problem is a bug in plane 4.1.1, which will be fixed in 4.1.2. I plan on releasing a beta with that fix later today.
The bug led to the target velocity in the back transition being held at a max of Q_WP_SPEED, which is 5 m/s for your plane:

The red line should track the green line down smoothly, instead of being capped at 5m/s.
This results in too large a pitch demand:

Some other things I noticed in the log:

• you need to do a fixed wing AUTOTUNE. See Automatic Tuning with AUTOTUNE — Plane documentation
  • you need to follow the steps in this guide to tune your VTOL controllers: Tuning Process Instructions — Plane documentation (I can see from the log that many of the early steps have been skipped, each step does matter)
  • during takeoff the current to the VTOL motors is producing quite high magnetic interference for your compass. Can you move the compass (likely in the GPS) further from the power wires? We can compensate for it if need be, but much better to fix the issue

Cheers, Tridge

4.1.3beta1 fixes the sharup pullup issue