Voltage issue: Pixhawk 4 with Mamba F40 Mk2 (4in1 ESC)

Hi there!

I´m trying to connect my Pixhawk 4 to a Mamba F40 MK2 ESC. The wiring and configuration should be no Problem.
Before I connect or power anything, I first measure the voltage and so I came across something: when I connect a lipo to the ESC, I can measure a voltage between GND and the signal inputs S1-S4 of the ESC. The voltage is 3.2V. Is that normal? I mean, these are inputs for the motor signals and no outputs. I didn’t really expect any voltage there.

Of course I’m a bit confused now and afraid to connect the signal inputs to the Pixhawk’s FMU outputs. Maybe I’m paranoid, or nobody before me has ever measured these points :slight_smile: Of course I don’t want to destroy my hardware.

To be on the safe side, I also measured a second ESC, and here, too, 3.2V can be measured at the inputs with the LIPo connected.

Does anyone know this phenomenon? Do I need to worry or can I connect everything?

Thank you :wink:

1 Like

Problem is solved! Thread can be closed!

Hi WilliBrumm,

I am doing exactly as you. Please let me know, what is the fix to this issue. Did you just powered the drone without any issue?

Thanks,

Gaurav

Hello Willy Brumm can you to make a detailed guide

For what? There was a never a problem here.

Hi dave you can make a detailed guide of pixhawk end cable esc mamba diatone please

The connection for all 4in1’s to Pixhawk’s is about the same. Connect the FMU outputs (for Dshot protocol) from the Flight Controller to the signal inputs (S1-S4) and ground of the ESC. If the ESC has a Telemetry pin connect that to a serial port Rx pin on the Pixhawk and configure that serial port for ESC telemetry. Most 4in1’s are arranged such that with the battery connector facing rearward the motor order is as per Betaflight. So, set the FRAME_TYPE to 12 for BetaflifghtX. When you run Motor Test in Mission Planner you will confirm if the Motor Order is correct. If it’s not re-assign the Servo outputs until they are.

Thank you dave for guide^_^

Dave is the wiring correct? The orange wire and the purple wire? Tx and curr where do I connect them?

Processing: IMG_20230327_213223.jpg…

No. For Dshot you need to use the Aux outputs. 1-6 are Servo 9-12 in the paramneters file when assigning the outputs. Tx connects to a serial port Rx pin and is configrued for ESC telemetry. It looks like you already have a Power Module supplying current information to ignore the “curr” lead.

@Alex_deb have you noticed temperature protection greyed out in blhelisuite for the F45_128k by chance?

Hi Chris I’m sorry but I don’t know how to answer this question because I’m a trainee not an expert

Those temperature sensors do not read correctly anyway.

Funny you say that… I just got a response from Diatone saying it’s disabled for exactly that reason. :sweat_smile:

Hi dave Ok S1. S2. S3. S4 pin aux out white cable ok
Can can you tell me very simply where to connect the black and red wire and the tx thanks

Connect the black wire to any one of the top output pins. Don’t connect the red wire to anything.

Thanks for your help

Black cable pin up aux out negative end red cable no connect

Ok test software Mission Planner grazie

Hi dave help me please,
I can’t get aux 1 servo to work. In full parameters set SERVO9_FUNCTION value 58=rcin8 but the servo doesn’t work what can I do?