Violent takeoff

Hi,

What could be the reason for such an aggressive takeoff?

The mission I’m uploading is:

MissionItemInt{
    targetSystem=0,
    targetComponent=0,
    seq=0,
    frame=EnumValue{value=3, entry=MAV_FRAME_GLOBAL_RELATIVE_ALT},
    command=EnumValue{value=16, entry=MAV_CMD_NAV_WAYPOINT},
    current=0,
    autocontinue=1,
    param1=0.0,
    param2=0.0,
    param3=0.0,
    param4=0.0,
    x=10,
    y=10,
    z=0.0,
    missionType=EnumValue{value=0, entry=MAV_MISSION_TYPE_MISSION}}
MissionItemInt{
    targetSystem=0,
    targetComponent=0,
    seq=1,
    command=EnumValue{value=22, entry=MAV_CMD_NAV_TAKEOFF},
    current=0,
    autocontinue=1,
    param1=0.0,
    param2=0.0,
    param3=0.0,
    param4=0.0,
    x=0,
    y=0,
    z=0.0,
MissionItemInt{
    targetSystem=0,
    targetComponent=0,
    seq=2,
    command=EnumValue{value=16, entry=MAV_CMD_NAV_WAYPOINT},
    current=0,
    autocontinue=1,
    param1=0.0,
    param2=0.0,
    param3=0.0,
    param4=0.0,
    x=318625260,
    y=349143010,
    z=10.0,

Am I doing something wrong?

This is exactly how it’s supposed to take off. And that’s how I’m always training people to do a manual takoff.

Very close to ground propwash creates vortices that lead to copter instability. The fastest you clear that area, the less time for the copter control loops to accumulate errors.

Indeed it is perfectly normal. If you want to change it then play with WPNAV_ACCEL_Z

Except if you have esc telemetry controlling your dynamic harmonic notch in 4.0 in which case you can hover stably a few inches from the ground :smiley:

1 Like

Which is dangerous because you don’t have any “Oh Crap” altitude to give you time to recover if something goes wrong.

Yeah generally I am flying inside when I try this so altitude counter-productive - but dangerous nonetheless…

Hello,
I am working on mission planning and execution with mavlink
while sending the mavlink mission command, it doesnt execute and it gives this (WARN [mavlink] IGN MISSION_ITEM: No transfer)
My sending command is
this.props.sendMission(mavlink20.MAVLINK_MSG_ID_MISSION_ITEM_INT,1,1,0,mavlink20.MAV_FRAME_GLOBAL_RELATIVE_ALT,mavlink20.MAV_CMD_NAV_WAYPOINT,0,1,0,0,0,0,10,10,0,mavlink20.MAV_MISSION_TYPE_MISSION)
this.props.sendMission(mavlink20.MAVLINK_MSG_ID_MISSION_ITEM_INT,1,1,1,mavlink20.MAV_FRAME_GLOBAL_RELATIVE_ALT,mavlink20.MAV_CMD_NAV_TAKEOFF,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,mavlink20.MAV_MISSION_TYPE_MISSION)
this.props.sendMission(mavlink20.MAVLINK_MSG_ID_MISSION_ITEM_INT,1,1,2,mavlink20.MAV_FRAME_GLOBAL_RELATIVE_ALT,mavlink20.MAV_CMD_NAV_WAYPOINT,0,1,0,0,0,0,318625260,349143010,0,mavlink20.MAV_MISSION_TYPE_MISSION)

Please help me out about is there any other command for mission execution or should I have to use something else…

As mentioned in this other thread, I think we have a fix for violent takeoffs in Auto mode that will be included in Copter-4.1.