Video transmission using RF

Hi,

I have my CSI camera connected to the jetson nano, and i am running some object detection algorithms in jetson nano. I want to forward the live video stream with the detected bounding box results images to the ground station which is 5km away from the UAV. I cannot use internet . Any RF transmitters that you can suggest for long range video transmission processed from jetson nano. I have seen FPV camera with transmitters, but those transmitters transmit the live video feed from drone, but i need to send processed video from jetson nano to the transmitter and transmitter should send to ground station.There should be some connection with jetson nano to transmitter which i am missing. Any suggestions in this greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Gyorgy_Fodi , Thanks for the reply. The herelink modules are very costly, i am looking for a low budget RF transmitters for ultra long range Vtx can you suggest something at a cheaper cost. I have seen some ultra long range vtx modules which operate at 5.8Ghz at a cheaper cost, but they take live feed from FPV and transmit to ground station directly, they cannot be directly connected to jetson nano. Also my application is like i have 6 drones and each drone is having its own transmitter and each drone will send continuous live video feed via its own channel to ground station , instead of having six receivers at the ground station can i have a single receiver that switches between 6 different channels so that i can see the video feed of the drone i want with one receiver and a single screen. If lets say even if i use 6 different receivers for 6 transmitters how to see all the video feeds in a single screen instead of multiple screens.can someone help me with any ideas in solving these 2 questions. Thank you in advance.

Afaik jetson nano has an hdmi output, so you need a hdmi->analog converter, like this.

After this you can connect any 5.8ghz analog video system, but if you really want to fly long range, I would go with 1.2ghz, great article here.

Usually receivers have buttons to change the channels, so it is doable to use one receiver for the 6 drones, but interference may occur.

Hi @Gyorgy_Fodi ,Thanks for the help and your suggestions. I will go through the reference you have sent. One more thing i just wanted to ask is if we use HDMI based video transmission with jetson nano, is there any code as such which send only my processed video, since i am having a doubt like if we use hdmi out of jetson for video transmission will it stream the screen window to ground station i.e. the boot page the login page…etc. i only want to send just my processed video with bouding box on the image to the ground station i don`t want to see the boot or login page or home screen at the ground station while streaming. Any ideas how to achieve it??. Thank you in advance.

Sorry, but I’m not familiar with the jetson nano.

Thanks for reply and your suggestions @Gyorgy_Fodi. One last thing from my side do you have any idea how to transfer compressed image using RF at a distance > 5km, can the same FPV transmitter be used to transfer the compressed image which is of less size few kBytes.If you have any idea please suggest any ideas in this context.Thank you in advance.