Vertical takeoff of the wing

I have a regular (not VTOL) flying wing. It is powerful enough to launch straight up sitting on side winglets.
When I do that in Manual mode the first couple seconds of the flight is unstable, the wing rotates due to motor torque. It is hard to make this lauch and transition to horizontal flight.
I want to make this easier.
Will that work? :
Put wing straight up, set it to FBWA, change LIM_PITCH_MAX to 90 degrees, pull down pitch stick on the transmitter, full throttle. If I understand it correctly the plane will try to maintain 90 degree pitch and zero roll. Zero roll will be impossible to maintain because of motor torque and low airspeed, but 90 pitch must be easy for the plane. After a couple of seconds it will continue to fly straight up with zero roll and I could release the pitch stick to transition to horizontal flight.
Also, is it possible to configure the auto-launch for this?

This video is not mine, here you can see the what I am talking about, notice the rotation and instability, he is launching in manual mode.
1 Like

Not sure, I have the exact same wing as shown in the video. Lets see if I can play around with it. So in his video he is saying 3s didn’t worked but 4S allowed him?

Yes, works with 4S, not much thrust with 3S for that kind of takeoff. Does not matter really. My question is more about the software and arduplane behaviour.