Velos 880 pixhawk build

Thanks, that was simple. I just did’t run that installer because it did not say that it is the 3.4 vers.
I am used to MP for years and looked it the same way to upgrade QGC. All good now it is overwritten to vers 3.4.0.
Thanks again.

Now we want critics and improvement suggestions :wink:

Installing over the top of an old version should work on all platforms. I don’t have Windows but an over-the top upgrade works on both linux and android as well.

@DonLakeFlyer did the base code for us for the TradHeli setup and it works very nicely. It’s not fancy, but it doesn’t have to be. As time goes on we’ll be adding things to it to reflect features in heli. Being QGC runs on just about anything there is as far as PC’s or mobile devices, it is a very flexible ground station. And has excellent and easy-to-use flight planning as well, for everything from standard waypoints to polygon surveys.

It does not have log analysis tools, but I’ve been using this one quite a bit:

https://plot.dron.ee/

I’ve gone back and forth on this. The thinking is that there are standalone tools that will always be better and more focused on log analysis than I have time to put into QGC. So at the moment there is only telemetry log playback in QGC and no plans to add flight log analysis.

@ChrisOlson So the data that you display from QGC in your posts is just telemetry data?

Don,
I apologize that I have not put the time into using QGC. I will have to make that a priority. However I do like being able to use MP to view the log file after I download it. Being able to move through the raw data file and plot parameters gives me a way to get a quick first look at the data. Beyond that I have other tools to do analysis. I don’t know if that is easy to implement but from my experience, it is a nice capability. I’m not sure how the telemetry log data is saved but the dataflash log data is saved by message and each message is time tagged separately. So getting the data converted over to something useable in a plotting program requires a little work. that is why I like the dataflash log plotting capability in MP.

Telemetry data is save automatically in QGC. It shows you all the timestamped mavlink traffic down to the ground station. If you go to Analyze while flying you can see what data is available (set up charts on any available variable). After the flight you can replay the log. It’s not as detailed as flight lots.

What exactly are you looking at after each flight?

For me, the log analysis would be better in a standalone application. The web-based one I posted a link to above works pretty good. But PX4 has log tools that ArduPilot doesn’t, as the GCS for ArduPilot has long tried to be like a Swiss Army Knife.

The flight planning interface, and QGC’s method of grouping parameters for settings is where it really shines. And I like the instrument panel for mission flying, and the fact that it runs very nicely on my Android 13" tablet that has GPS and cell link built into the tablet. No need to lug around a clumsy to use laptap with it in the field.

Well, telemetry data is typically limited to low data rates (< 10 hz). Plus much of the data I’m looking for is PID values or attitude and rate information, which I’m not sure if all data is available on the telemetry. I’m typically looking for data at 25 hz which is why I immediately go to the dataflash logs. Again, I think being able to look through and plot dataflash log data is a nice feature.

A lot of my work is verification and testing code changes. So I will look through the dataflash log raw data and use the filter feature to show events and messages or verify parameter changes. I also verify proper data rates by looking at the messages and timestamps. Finally being able to plot signals from the messages allows me to see trends and look for problems. I’m not looking for anything more than a data viewer and plotter for dataflash logs like what is in MP. that way I don’t have to leave my groundstation software to review data from a flight.

Ah, I see. Default telemetry rates will be too low for looking at PID tuning type stuff.