*V2700 apweb parameters and adjustments?

Hello, I am fairly new to ardupilot with sky viper and I have been flying my sky viper journey pro since September and love the hell out of it. But lately I have been wanting the push the envelope with flying. I started poking around Google about ardupilot and I have to say I am blown away. My question is how to log in to the parameters off the sky viper wifi?

What parameters are changable?

Will these parameters being changed affect the overall speed, handling and distance?
( As I am looking to go faster, bank harder and go further )

Will these adjustments gain/loss overall flight time?

What are areas to focus on adjusting, and vice versa stay away from?

I have noticed since I purchased my quad back when it first the came has been extremely lagging, but recorded videos come out just fine. How can I fix what I believe to a latency issue between the camera and feed on my phone? I would like to take advantage of the VR setting on the sky viper 2.0 app.

As I have gone through this discussion looking for information on the v2700 it has become very apparent to me, no posts or threads about altering the performance of the v2700 have been made. But there is an abundance of knowledge for the 2450 gps model.

What changes have any of you made to your v2700?

Any performance adding mods other then adjustments to the parameters?

I look forward to this being a great topic

@tridge2
@Matt
@lordneeko

Being Christmas I don’t really have a lot of time to respond, but I will say that the parameters on the 2450 and 2700 are pretty similar. The 2700 introduced an idea of “profiles” which likely will make much of the modification you want to do unnecessary. They have a sport profile and such. That will be much faster. Not sure if tridge programmed in an acro mode, but that is the ultimate, but of course very difficult.
Regardless I believe tridge also made it so you can set the profiles how you wish. So, for example, you can set a profile to switch between brake and sport, so you can practice sport mode, and switch to brake mode in an emergency. There is a lot to play with.

To access, connect your device to the skyvipers wifi then log into the WebAP 192.168.1.1

Then click flight parameters to change.

WARNING: changing parameters can make it unflyable. So be careful. You should be able to click “reset defaults” if that happens.

Also, look here for explanations on “most” of the parameters. The skyvipers specific parameters won’t be there.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/parameters.html

1 Like

@lordneeko Thank you greatly for the information. I hope to update soon with changes I make and effects they have.

I just wanted to update I had a gnarly crash with my journey the other day, @lordneeko not sure what happened honestly. Will pull the logs later. Until then happy New years

Assuming it’s similar to the 2450GPS you can connect via Mission Planner and modify every parameter. After I ditched the stock Transmitter and setup for my Taranis I treat the Skyviper like all my other Arducopter craft.

1 Like

@dkemxr how would one go changing the TX?
I have been very interested in doing so.

RC protocol is DSM2 so you can use any Tx or module that supports that. I use a Orange module from HK in my Taranis:

There are some parameters you need to change to enable it and it’s been awhile since I configured it. the easiest way probably is to review my attached parameter file (from latest Master Rev) using compare and check out what’s changed. There is a thread in this forum with the details. The buttons need to go and configure flight modes and other functions with switches.

I never really cared about the video but I did enable it to the Mission Planner HUD which works OK.

Skyviper.param (15.1 KB)