Using T-Motor Alpha ESC telemetry data

Hello!

I am trying to implement T-Motor Alpha ESCs into a build and would like to use telemetry data from them. I have the Alpha Data Link from T-Motor, but there is zero information from them or anywhere that I’ve found that shows how this is supposed to be set up.

Ideally I could skip the Data Link and just log telem data directly from the ESC. But again, there is zero information on what protocol the ESCs use for telem communication. I have found that when the Data Link unit is used, the data is stored in a UDAT file, but have had no luck viewing those log files with anything other than T-Motors software.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? Has anyone here used T-Motor Alpha ESCs and actually gotten telemetry data in real time?

Thanks for your help.

hello,

You should ask T-motor for the telemetry protocol. They share it.

There’s some info here, even a pic of a table showing the data format
https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Alpha_esc_with_telemetry_output
but it seems like you’d need to feed data from each ESC into an arduino or something to combine or average the RPM’s before sending to an ardupilot serial port.

EDIT: and it’s already a feature request

Thank you for the info. I hadn’t seen that paparazziuav page yet.

As for the feature request link, I am that LBC970 guy asking IAmPete about it, but I have yet to hear back from him.

1 Like

Necro-threading here a little, but this issue is tracking support for this telemetry data: Copter: add t-motor "Data Link" ESC telemetry support · Issue #10460 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

1 Like

at the moment (jan2023) there is no support for tmotor telemetry in ardupilot?

no, but it is comming

3 Likes

Peter Barker posted instructions on the pull request on how to test this. So if you really want it, you can have it.

1 Like

A lua script hás been merged that does this. No need to wait anymore, you can use it today

2 Likes

hey, where can i find it? (the lua script)

Has anyone used the Lua script with success? Unfortunately don’t have a system to test on but if this works it would open up the use on the T-Motor integrated series on some of my birds.