Using MP joystick with SITL and XPlane

I’ve successfully connected Mission Planner to XPlane using the SITL simulation built into MP, but the joystick controls from MP are not controlling the aircraft in XPlane.

However, when I connect my controller to XPlane directly, the channel inputs are read by MP.

I was wondering if it were possible to control the aircraft via joystick in Mission Planner.

Watch my video, but it’s Russian. I think it will be clear just to see what I do with my hands. SIMULATION in Mission Planner andTaranis7Q - YouTube

Unfortunately that’s not the issue I’m facing. I can get the controller working like you in the video, but its when I connect it to X-Plane that the joystick no longer works with Mission Planner.

Thank you for the help though!

May this be due to a driver FrSKY Taranis Q X7 - FAQ, discussion, info - the younger full-featured radio. - Page 666 - RC Groups

The issue is not my transmitter. I’m using a Taranis X9D+ 2019 with the XSR-SIM usb receiver. Everything works well when using SITL/Mission Planner.

The issue is when I use the xplane model. The joystick inputs from Mission Planner no longer work. I can only use the controller in X-Plane 11, but it limits the functionalities I’m want to use in Mission Planner.

I did find out something. It seems that while using the xplane model, SITL itself chooses to prioritize input from X-Plane instead of Mission Planner.

My current solution for this will be to create an X-Plane plugin to act as a basic GCS inside of X-Plane. I’ll keep posted if I find out anything else.