Using Jetson Series with H743 Flight Controller

Hello,

I want to design a test platform for my future projects that will allow me to have more control over the software and hardware. I want to implement my own algorithms and test new sensors on a drone. To do that I am seeking an alternative to Pixhawk, and came across with Mateksys H743 Flight Controller. I want to run Ardupilot on H743 while using a Jetson Nano/TX2 as a companion computer. I found this article on Ardupilot’s website explaining how to connect a Raspberry Pi to a flight controller using UART.

However, I couldn’t find detailed information on using Jetson TX2 and H743 together. Is it possible, and if so where sould I start?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

As for all systems : just connect one UART port from your Jetson to one UART from the H743 board ! That is the same as on a RasberryPi.
So now, you should look at your 2 boards a locate UART ports !

1 Like

Both H743 and Jetson have UART ports. Does that mean I can directly follow the tutorial on Ardupilot’s website?

I saw some examples that works with only Raspberry Pi and not with Jetson such as Navio 2. That’s why I am concerned about the configuration. I might also continue with H743 + Raspberry Pi + Coral USB Accelerator if using Jetsons is not possible. There shouldn’t be a problem in this case, right?

UART is UART, so it will work whaever the boards you are using ! No worries about that.

1 Like