Using a Dualschock4 controller

Hello!

Is there a solution for using a gaming Controller like the Dualshock4 for controlling a Drone with a companioncomputer?
I have seen some Projekts in Python with the Tello or Parot Drone but not for a Custom one. I dont see how i could implement this in a configuration using MAVLink. Any Ideas?

It would be better to use ground station and telemetry link. Mission Planner, QGroundControl and MavProxy support joystick input.
I would be wary of connecting the pad directly to the UAS unless you can validate correct behavior on pad disconnecting, preferably through code analysis and testing as they likely weren’t designed for wireless pad directly connected to UAS.

Thank you @LupusTheCanine for your input. I found a first solution which is not perfect because it requires a wifi network and does not ensure correct behaviour when the controller is disconnecting. ATM its enough for some indoor testing. The reaction time is not as bad as expected but i had to deactivate the failsave options.

My method was to connect the ps4 controller to pc using bluetooth and ds4 tool, then connect my drone to the pc with mavlink-router and qground controll and configure the controller in qgroundcontroll.

I made a github wiki here Controll Drone with Playstation Controller · lloois/Drone-Programming Wiki · GitHub, where i have made some instructions, if someone is interessted. Its still in work and im in an early stage so please consider this.