Use RC with auto-center throttle stick for APM?

I used to setting my Frsky Transmitter with a auto-center throttle stick for my Naza V2 controlled hexacopter. I am now building a new quadcopter with Pixhawk running APM flight stack. Need help to see if keeping use of my self-center throttle stick RC for APM is working fine. Anyone points out more about the setting of it to me is highly appreciated.

Want to keep using Frsky for all my copters, such as NAZA V2 Hexa and APM quadcopter.

Thanks a lot

:blush:
No one use RC with auto-center throttle sticks? In my limited experiences with hexacopter and quadcopter, self centering stick makes it easier for hovering. In NAZA FC, no matter how height is your copter, release the auto-centering throttle and the copter hovers there. No need to fine adjust the throttle to maintain a stable altitude. Really hope APM/pixhawk can have such setup. So I am asking for help.

Can you not just try it?

Quad shouldn’t lift off until over half throttle if you are in loiter, PosHold or AltHold. Depending on setup stabilise may need more than half throttle to lift off too.

Can’t say I ever need to make fine adjustments to maintain a stable hover in any flight mode except stabilise. Usually switch to alt hold and set it to 50% throttle and that’s it.

Personally don’t see any need for auto centering throttle stick’s, if you can’t put it to 50% thorttle manually should you be in control of an expensive flying hedge trimmer???

Thanks, Mark.
I will try it sometimes later myself after digging deep into the APM control system. It’s really complicated to me.

Have you ever heard of Cruise mode in a car? It’s not build for a driver without ability to drive or can’t step on the pedal, but provide a more relaxing experience for driving. For my understanding, FC, including APM, Pixhawk, KK or NAZA,etc, all designed and developed for better flight experience and easier control, even provided some fool proof function.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion

My comment was meant a little tongue in cheek.

I use cruise control quite often but it doesnt exactly apply to quad throttle control imo. In a car you have to constantly vary throttle to maintain speed which cruise control does quite nicely, but on the a quad you only have to set the throttle to half way and then leave it.

I’m fairly sure though if you just set up your auto centering transmitter the same as you would a standard one it should work.
As you have to bring throttle to 0% to arm, just let it rise back to 50% very slowly and see how the quad reacts. If it doesn’t react how you expect drop the throttle back and disarm it.

Didn’t really see it appropriate to criticize anyone’s abilities… He asked how to do something and I thought that was the purpose of asking questions. I find the self centering stick very useful especially for training, in loiter mode if the new pilot gets disoriented or otherwise in a jam he can simply release all sticks until he can calm down and gather his thoughts…

I don’t see it appropriate to bump a nearly 2 year old thread and not even read the reply you’re complaining about.

As I said[quote=“MarkM, post:5, topic:4066”]
My comment was meant a little tongue in cheek.
[/quote]

I then go on to say [quote=“MarkM, post:5, topic:4066”]
As you have to bring throttle to 0% to arm, just let it rise back to 50% very slowly and see how the quad reacts. If it doesn’t react how you expect drop the throttle back and disarm it.
[/quote]

Which seemed a reasonable answer to his question.

What kind of settings do I need to take off in throttle mode with throttle above 50%?