Upload firmware to PXFMini

Hi.

I have a PXF Mini attached to a Pi zero and now that Erle Robotics are no more I’ve been trying to get my drone working with ArduPilot. I have APSync booting fine on the PI and have shell access, but I can’t get a ground station to connect, I think this is down to the firmware on the PXFMini.

I’ve found the updated firmware at https://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/stable-4.0.6/pxfmini-heli/

All the docs I’ve found suggest that I need to connect the autopilot board to a ground station with a USB cable and upload the correct firmware. But the PXF Mini doesn’t have a USB port so I think I need some means of flashing the firmware from the command line on the PI itself.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks for any help you can give.

I found an old SD card with the ERLE Robotics image on it and had a look at how it works.

I think what I need to do here is get the firmware linked to above, which is an ELF binary, and run that at startup to flash the PXF Mini on every boot. Essentially, the PXF Mini doesn’t remember the firmware and needs to be started from the companion computer every time.

That simplifies things, if I’ve understood how these things work.

do you still have the sd card image ? been trying to find one fr a while now.