Upgrade to 3.4.1 = uncontrollable yaw movement in autotune

So I need some help here.

Earlier I ran my Pixhawk on 3.3, I did autotune and it worked perfectly. Now after I upgraded to 3.4.1 I decided to do another auto-tune in better conditions to see if I could improve on it.

As soon as a flick the Pixhawk into autotune it starts to yaw back and forth uncontrollably (but at the same time its clearly in the roll tuning, as it does its normal roll testing at the same time), and switching back to AltHold or back to Stabilize doesnt help. It keeps going back and forth on yaw, and my controller input does nothing. If I disarm and arm again its all OK in Stabilize and AltHold, but if I go back into autotune it all start over again.

I recalibrated my compass, no obvious problem there. COMPASS_USE is set to 1, so the copter is getting the heading from the compass. I use a external compass / GPS.

I have a medium size ship, Tarot 650mm frame, 360kv motors and 15" props. 2.5kg weight.

You guys have any idea? Here’s a log if any of you want to check it out.

2016-11-08 15-23-51.bin (1010.1 KB)

Hi Pengus,

It looks like your Yaw filter has been set to zero. Try setting ATC_RAT_YAW_FILT to 2 and see how that goes. If that still doesn’t address your problem then drop ATC_RAT_YAW_P ATC_RAT_YAW_I to 0.1 and 0.001 and do a yaw auto tune again.

Hope this helps!!

Thank you!

I will try this when I upgrade back to 3.4. I will get back to you with how it went!

It worked, thank you very much