Unexplained Yaw oscillation

I am pretty new to this platform so I apologize in advance for that. I am trying to get my mfe freeman 2100 flying as intended from the manufacture and have run into some yaw oscillation problems. I have recalibrated the compas a number of times and leveled/aligned all of my motors. I have calibrated my esc’s and I have played with the PID values to try and tune out the oscillation. I can’t seem to get rid of or find the problem. I’ll leave a link to where my flight videos and log files are located. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://usu.box.com/s/lc820363irykibn3cv8e22ak1cyknpvc

Can you upload bin file in drive or dropbox

Sure thing. Here is the bin files from those flights: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/zl4598lo2aeksbruzurya/h?rlkey=6tmqjpnksesfoilwnld3rbtxt&dl=0

Let me know if the link doesn’t work.

HI @Clayton_Spencer
After going through the sent bin file, i observed there is lot of variations in the Magfit values. I want to know what was the wind speed during this flight, because i can see the current consumption going till 133 A. I also observed much more oscillations in YAW as you have mentioned. I would suggest to change this parameter Q_A_RAT_YAW_FLTE to 2.5 and do a test flight. I would also suggest you to run Magfit and check for the compass offset values.

It was nearly zero wind that day. It is interesting that you mention Q_A_RAT_YAW_FLTE. I did try changing that parameter from 2 to 4 and noticed the oscillation amplitude rise drastically. I did not think to raise the value slightly. I’ll give that a try and let you know what happens. I will also attempt to do a Magfit as well. I know magnetic interference has given me trouble in the past so thank you for pointing that out. My next test flight is scheduled for Monday so I’ll let t you know how it goes. Thank you for the suggestions.

@Clayton_Spencer Do post the log after you test.

I have flown a few more times, all with the same issue as I described above. Here is the bin file:

I have run a magfit on this log and I will change the offset parameters accordingly and fly again tomorrow. Hopefully the magfit helps. I’ll upload the bin file from that flight as well. For reference, I’ll put the magfit parameters down below:

COMPASS_OFS_X: -18
COMPASS_OFS_Y: 10
COMPASS_OFS_Z: 8
COMPASS_DIA_X: 1.097
COMPASS_DIA_Y: 1.102
COMPASS_DIA_Z: 1.074
COMPASS_ODI_X: 0.004
COMPASS_ODI_Y: -0.002
COMPASS_ODI_Z: -0.054
COMPASS_MOT_X: -0.745
COMPASS_MOT_Y: 0.312
COMPASS_MOT_Z: -0.060
COMPASS_SCALE 1.00
COMPASS_MOTCT: 2

Hi, were you able to solve the problem of the yaw oscillations after running a MagFit and changing the compass offsets?