Understanding Obstacle Avoidance using SF45

I have a SF45 on a small rover and was able to setup and display on proximity screen. The documentation is bit sparse. First just trying simple OA.

1. the proximity is split into segments. How many segments ? Is the width of each segment related to the set scan angle or just 360 split n ways?
  2. let’s say the minimum distance required is 2m. Setting the scan to 120 seems to give me 3 segments. Apparently if any segment goes below the minimum the OA stop is triggered. But this is not useful as the obstacle is depicted too width. We need to set the segment size or at least pick only the segments directly ahead to cause the OA trip.
    Any thoughts welcome. I will try Bendy Rule next. It is my understanding the simple OA and Bendy Rule are mutually exclusive.

Proximity only stops or reverses, it doesn’t go around objects.
Obstacle avoidance uses the object database where it stores the position of detected objects. rather than virtual bumpers that proximity uses, it then uses those objects to plan a path while in auto mode.

you will need to make sure the SR1 ADSB rate is set to at least 5 or whatever serial port your using for telemetry and you should see circles marking objects appear on mission planner map when you have gps fix.