Uncontrolled altitude in alt_hold and loiter

After I moved from carbonfibre frame to another frame, the altitude response of my copter is not working properly, in either modes(alt_hold and loiter)

attaching 3 log files Log Folder

any help would be highly appreciated !

Have you tuned your drone properly? How to methodically configure and tune any ArduCopter & GitHub - ArduPilot/MethodicConfigurator: A clear ArduPilot configuration sequence

2 Likes

Hi @Eosbandi, firstly thanks for the reply
As far I know PID tuning is for roll pitch yaw, Is this poor altitude control is because of tuning?

Configuring and tuning is not only for roll/pitch but for the vehicle itself, which includes sensor filtering, altitude tuning and many other things that required to fly safely (or fly at all).
Go through the guide and setup you vehicle correctly

1 Like

Sure @Eosbandi,
Let me again go through the tuning process

and lastly did you got the chance for go through the logs?

Lot’s of errors, gps, compass glitches, gps altitude mismatch… it is a sick bird…

1 Like

Is it all because of improper tuning?

Read the chapter one on the blog post. It’s a good start for most of the beginner construction errors.

And configuration and tuning is the single most important thing on your entire vehicle.

You already chosen the best available firmware, ArduPilot. But it will only perform correctly if it is configured and tuned. Use the co figurator software and it will guide you in the process.

When in doubt do NOT be creative, follow the process.

3 Likes

Thanks @amilcarlucas and @Eosbandi
I tuned it and working fine now, just having abnormal vertical accelaration when taking off in althold mode

Have you used shock absorber ?

I am using Orange Cube autopilot It has inbuilt vibration isolation system and I soft mounted it on the drone

Can any one help me in proper tuning of alt_hold mode
I have followed Alt_hold Doc but unable to tune properly in althold mode especially when i am taking off in althold mode

Post a .zip file of the vehicle configuration directory created by the ArduPilot methodic configurator software.

That way we can review if you did something wrong

ALTI mode works depending on the barometer. It does not work properly if there is airflow. Again there is a problem with the barometer but it doesn’t work. The drone quickly rises or falls. So suggest you to use GPS regarding mode instead of ALTI mode.

Here is my log of alt

what parameter or what tuning I need to do inorder to get a controlled vehicle takeoff and manuvering in althold mode(This graph is the flight in stabilize mode)

The methodic configurator software tells you which parameters to set and which sequence to use.

Every single user that followed the process got a very good functioning vehicle.

If you use the the software until the end your altitude hold and takeoff problems will be solved.

hi @amilcarlucas, I followed your post on methodic configurator but may be its my bad that I didn’t completely able to understand the process
Do you have any other references to use the methodic configurator
It may sounds dumb but I am stucked in the mid of a serious project becasue of this

There is a popup that appears every time the program starts, the quickstart.md file, and the usermanual.md file.

The process is very simple and consists of five simple steps.

Explain exactly what you do not understand after reading those documentation sources.

And until you post the files I asked you to, I am unable to help you with any parameter changes.

ok @amilcarlucas, thanks for being patient with me
I will start the complete process from very begining following QUICKSTART.md my copter resembles to Chimera7 but my FC is OrangeCube
should I continue with the same template of Arducopter/Chimera7?

Yes, that is a good option