Unable to connect to Mission Planner

Help New 3DR-X8
Lost the Weekend now!!
Unable to connect to Mission Planner;
I have installed mission planner and drivers, although I am still not able to connect. When I click on the ports the software locks. After reinstall I Also installed the APM software manually, now it shows a Com11 in the ports field but still no connect. If I click on the ports it locks again???

Bill

@Bills,
What version of Windows are you using? This sounds like a USB driver problem.
When you reinstalled, did you uninstall the MP first and then reinstall?
The USB drivers for the MP can be found in the Control Panel Programs and Features and can be uninstalled from there. Sometimes using the Device Manager to update the MP drivers by pointing to the USB drivers in the MP Program folder will get things going.
Regards,
TCIII Admin

Running Windows 7, and I did uninstall MP before I did the reinstall and when that did not work I also updated the driver. It was there but had a question mark next to it not a yello just a question mark. That went away after I upgraded the driver, but now the com config in MP says Com11 and I cant change it.
If I click on the Port Configuration the computer locks for ten mins…

BTW
It took two hours for the .MSI install and it did say it was loading the drivers.

Bll

@Bills,
Something is very wrong if it took 2 hours for your computer to install the MP using the .msi! It should install in less than 5 minutes or so. I think that may be causing your connection problem.
You might want to review discussions on the MP Discussion Forum to see what other members have done with a connection issue similar to yours: diydrones.com/forum/categori … orCategory
Regards,
TCIII Admin