Unable to autotune any axis

Hello!

I am trying to get my quad more stable in the air. Especially in the yaw axis. Pitch and roll are to me somewhat ok, but I have issues getting it tuned. Autotune does not start on any axis, althought logs seem to be ok on pitch and roll. But It annoys how much yaw drifts when I have a gimbal connected to the drone.

Logs can be found here - WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free

First check that there are no trims set in your RC transmitter and redo the RC Calibration procedure again. Your RC1 Roll channel is right on the border of it’s dead zone (centered position) so Autotune wont start because of that.

You have selected DSHOT150 but you are not using DSHOT capable outputs, and there’s no ESC data coming back either. So below I’ve recommended to set the throttle-based harmonic notch filter for the existing (PWM) configuration.
If you really do have DHSOT-capable ESCs then you should make the DSHOT changes recommended further on, and you could enable the ESC/RPM-based notch filter with the settings I’ve provided.

For everything else set:

ARMING_CHECK,1
INS_ACCEL_FILTER,10
LOG_BITMASK,180222
INS_HNTCH_ENABLE,1  // set this then refresh params to see the rest
INS_HNTCH_MODE,1
INS_HNTCH_REF,0.2
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,75
INS_HNTCH_BW,38
INS_HNTCH_FM_RAT,0.7
INS_LOG_BAT_MASK,1
INS_LOG_BAT_OPT,4
MOT_PWM_TYPE,0  //  assumes you dont really want to use DSHOT
PSC_ACCZ_I,0.56
PSC_ACCZ_P,0.28

To actually use DSHOT the simplest method is to load the CubeOrangePlus-bdshot firmware
and change the servo connectors to use AUX outputs (Servo 9, 10, 11, 12)
Reassign the motor outputs using the MissionPlanner / Mandatory / Servo Output screen.
Also set these in addition to the others already mentioned:

INS_HNTCH_MODE,3
INS_HNTCH_REF,1.0
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,70
INS_HNTCH_BW,35
INS_HNTCH_FM_RAT,1.0
MOT_PWM_TYPE,6 // DSHOT600 seems to be the best
SERVO_BLH_AUTO,1
SERVO_DSHOT_ESC,1

Ok. Will try these change. I am not using a rc controller but a joystick. I was not aware that those outputs im using are not dshot capable.

What do you think about the yaw axis pid values?

I wouldnt be too concerned about yaw until pitch and roll are sorted out.

The usual path would be to tune using RC control and get everything totally sorted out, then you could change over to using telemetry/joystick as the primary control once the copter is nice and reliable. Most people keep the RC control handy in case there’s issued and you need to take control in Stabilise mode or do something drastic.

I would advise to use Stabilise, AltHold and Loiter as you main flight modes.
Poshold is quite old and basic compared to Loiter.
Start in Althold if it works OK and initiate Autotune from there.

Hello,

I made the changes, was able to autotune the roll axis, but did not complete the pitch axis.
Here are the 3 logs. One of the logs does not have autotune in.
After roll tuning I did not see any significant change in the behaviour of the drone. If any then it kind of felt sluggish and not very responsive. In QGC after the tuning, the roll/pitch and climb sensitivity sliders are down to zero.

This is the problem:
AUTOTUNE_AGGR,0.075
So change to these to fix up the harmonic notch filter some more, then try that autotune again:

AUTOTUNE_AGGR,0.1
INS_HNTCH_FREQ,65
INS_HNTCH_BW,40