Unable to Arm

I’m in the process of replacing a MultiWii FCB with an APM 2.6. Was essentially finished with setup and configuration and all seemed to be ready to fly a maiden until the other day I updated AP to v2.0.12 and now can’t get the board to arm. I now have prearm messages ACRO_BAL_ROLL/PITCH. I disabled the prearm check param and of course could arm the board and after re-enabling the prearm check param it no longer showed the error messages and would arm OK until I did a power cycle of the quad and now I’m back to having the error messages again.

Today I updated AP to v2.0.13 and the problem continues. I have re-calibrated the accelerometers, verified compass, radio and GPS operation and searched for any param that might be the cause without success. I also have to admit that I can’t find what the error messages mean.

All advice and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Ted

[quote=“G550Ted”]I’m in the process of replacing a MultiWii FCB with an APM 2.6. Was essentially finished with setup and configuration and all seemed to be ready to fly a maiden until the other day I updated AP to v2.0.12 and now can’t get the board to arm. I now have prearm messages ACRO_BAL_ROLL/PITCH. I disabled the prearm check param and of course could arm the board and after re-enabling the prearm check param it no longer showed the error messages and would arm OK until I did a power cycle of the quad and now I’m back to having the error messages again…
Ted[/quote]

Sorry to have to quote my own post but can’t see how to edit my OP.

I found my problem was that none of the params were selected/confirmed/whatever subsequent to updating AP. That is a tedious process with the current “linear” or page parameter format and it is easy to overlook things. I MUCH PREFER to have all of the PID and similat settings displayed in a matrix or grid fashion as it was previously done based on pictures and videos I have seen.

Ted