UDP outwards connection

Hello folks
I’m bit confused. And there’s really almost no documentation on APM planner 2.
For example - if I want to connect to Navio from APM planner, using udp. I can connect from Navio to APM planner as usual, using port 14550, but how to do it vice versa?
There’s Add IP button on connection setup, but it doesn’t seem to do anything.
Guys, please make decent documentation, because right now it’s terrible.

Cheers
Vootele

Hello,

Navio UDP send telemetry signal to your computer IP on port 14550. No more…

If your computer is On and you choose to receive the info by connecting with APM Planner or Mission planner, it work.

Maybe some use with TCP connection, when you connect from the computer to the Navio with TCP protocol.

Marc

There’s an option “Add link” -> UDP and UDP client.
Within those those I can change port and also add IP address (which seems not to work, because there’s no ip addresses appearing anywhere). Is it just a broken feature or am I doing something wrong?
I need to initiate udp connetion from computer side, because we are developing univeral MAVlink server, which can relay different connections between ardupilot machines and ground stations.
Right now it works this way with qgroundcontrol, but I was wondering if it is also possible with APM planner 2.

Also, what’s with joystick support on Linux? Is it broken? Every time I try to enable joystick, APM planner crashes…

Hi all,

Hmm, I’m just curious that are these connection issues solved? :slight_smile:

Dongsin

Hi,

another 3 years are over …

I try to connect SITL with apmplanner2 via UDP port 14550.

The packages from SITL seem to be valid MAVLink packes (starting with 0xfd and most packages can be dissected by Wireshark and the lua dissector).

On the other side the apmplanner2 sends every 5 s just an UDP package with the payload “HELLO” and logs ‘Send UDP Client HELLO “127.0.0.1”’
This HELLO message is no valid MAVLink message as far as i understand.

Any hints to get SITL and apmplanner2 connected?

Used versions:

• Linux: opensuse leap 15.4
  • SITL: git clone from yesterday; build by myself
  • apmplanner2: apmplanner2-2.0.26-lp154.1.1 from hardware:RC-Model / 15.4 repository

Kind regards
Strato

Hi,

apmplanner2 2.0.26 is outdated.
Compiled 2.30rc3 by myself and the connection works.

Issue created:

Kind regards
Strato