It was all working, (RPi zero and cam with usb modem on OTG cable) running mavlink on port 14550 and h254 video on port 5600.
My laptop died and i had to start over the GCS from scratch. I installed current MP and Java for the link. When I ran mission planner for first time it said something like “video feed is detected” and allowed an automated gstreamer install but still no feed in the hub.
I tried the test path in the source pipeline for gstreamer url and the test pattern shows.
also the mavlink data is coming through no problem.
my current path is;
udpsrc port=5600 buffer-size=90000 ! application/x-rtp ! decodebin3 ! queue max-size-buffers=1 leaky=2 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=BGRA ! appsink name=outsink
the feed works with no problem into QGC with UDP port 5600 set (which is default) so the rest of the link works and i can even see the video data rate working in java all the time so I don’t know.
I was originally (before my GCS laptop died) running gstreamer 1.9.2 as recommended but I can no longer find an installation file for this, so I’ve tried the current 1.20 and an earlier 1.10.0 nothing working. (i’m not sure what version of Gstreamer Mission Planner installed automatically when the video was detected, I uninstalled MP and tried again but it didn’t do the auto install of Gstreamer a second time)