UDP connection fails

Hi Guys
I hope that I can get some help here. I have been working on this project for about a week now. I have made the connection between pixhawk and the RPi 4. I have also made the mavlink-router settings. I’m using the VPN zerotier. The problem is that I can’t make the UDP connection to missionplanner. I get connect failed every time as you see in the photos.
I really hope that you can help you, cause I’m confused :confused:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1m9YT8DUxvoE47G-HZ6tFjTaOFb0zLOzf

You seem to be using mavproxy, not mavlink-router. You need to specify the UDP protocol behind --out (–out=udp:XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:port)
If Missionplanner complains about the port being in use, try 14551 instead of 14550.
Mavproxy did funny things for me using UART rates over 115200bauds. If you get undecoded telemetry strings on the mavproxy console, try lowering the baudrate.

First of all thanks for the reply
Now i get link 1 down:
mavproxy.py --master=/dev/serial0 --baudrate 921600 --out=udp:laptop ip:14550 --aircraft MyCopter
Connect /dev/serial0 source_system=255
no script MyCopter/mavinit.scr
Log Directory: MyCopter/logs/2021-03-08/flight11
Telemetry log: MyCopter/logs/2021-03-08/flight11/flight.tlog
Waiting for heartbeat from /dev/serial0
MAV> link 1 down

You did get a connection with mavproxy before?
The pixhawks telemetry port where the RPi is connected to is set to 921600baud?

The link is no longer down. I forget to acces from cd mavlink-router, but would still not connect from UDP connection. I don’t understand what’s wrong :sob:

You are using mavlink-router and mavproxy?
Do you use the Zerotier IP or the local IP of your PC?
Do you use any premade companion computer image?

Yes I have installed mavproxy and mavlink-router.
And I use the zerotier IP and not the local IP of my pc.
No I do not use any premade companion computer image. I have just downloaded the RPi buster image

Is there a specific reason you use both mavlink-router and mavproxy?
Does the connection work with the local IP?

No not really. I’m new in this,so I just downloaded both of them. Does it affect the UDP connection?
The laptop identifies the local IP as the zerotier IP

Using both of them is redundant. Mavproxy is a GCS software, which can also route telemetry. Mavlink-router only forwards telemetry. I would only use one to avoid confusion.
If the Zerotier IP is the same as the local IP, it will most certainly not work.

I finally made the connection. The problem was, that I was using the zerotier IP and not the local IP. I really appreciate your help. I was asking for help from another person, but he required 20 dollars per hour. I’m really thankful :palms_up_together:

Help in this forum is always free of charge.
But perhaps I am doing something wrong…:sweat_smile:

Now I love this forum hahahaha :rofl:

Hey Sebastian
Hope that you are doing well. Thanks for your help last time. :hugs:
I hope that you can help me again. Now I can’t get telemetry over different networks. As you said I wrote the local IP instead of managed IP, but I just get telemetry over same network. Do you know the reason?

In general you have to adjust/add endpoints for every network you want to send telemetry over and you have to make sure all participating devices are in the same network.

But then there is not unlimited range as I understand

“Unlimited” range has nothing to do with what I wrote. If you want to control your vehicle from far away over the internet, you must make sure
the vehicle and the GCS both have internet access and are able to communicate with each other.
Zerotier can help you to achive communication, because it connects devices to a virtual network. I recently had to stop using Zerotier though, because it did not work any longer (for me).