UDP Bridge showing up in Vehicle list in MP

Hi All,

I have a companion computer hooked up to an autopilot and the companion computer is sending a heartbeat message to the autopilot. When I connect to the autopilot in mission planner it sometimes tries to connect to the heartbeat (ultimately failing) until i manually select the aircraft at which point it starts to receive telemetry as usual.

What parameters should I set for my heartbeat message in order to not see this extra mavlink stream in mission planner ? Is it even possible?

I guess it would help if you said which companion computer software you are using or if you installed the required software on a standard OS.

im curious why that matters? I’m able to set the mavlink message parameters to whatever I want, just curious about the proper mavlink message settings to not see redundant aircraft in the mission planner dropdown box.

in ardupilot there is an option to set the mavlink stream to “private” on the companion computer link so the internal router wont forward it out the telem link to MP.

also what sysid/compid are you using on the companion?

1 Like

So i am sending two heartbeats.

1. mimic the groundstation link sys id 255 compid 190
  2. a separate custom heartbeat sys id 255 compid 0

and both seem to show up when I connect to the aircraft in mission planner. How should I structure my mavlink so I dont see this? I’ll look up the private functionality. do you have a link handy by any chance?

check SERIAL1_OPTIONS: dont forward mavlink

Isn’t this private option only available on AC 4.1 ?

Corrado

most likely yes. if you running older, then this wont work

So not usable at the moment on working 25kg vehicles, maybe in 2-3 months when a stable is released.

Corrado

do you need to send the heartbeat at all?