Ubuntu compile problem

build attempt in Ubuntu gives:

QGCExternalLibs.pri:381: error: Extra characters after test expression.
(ParameterCheck)
and
:-1: error: Unknown module(s) in QT: declarative webkit phonon svg

followed Linux build instrauctions on github.com/diydrones/apm_planner
BTW:

The linux instructions should be corrected to contain this:

go to libs/thirdParty -> libxbee
sudo su
Create Library -> Readme file in folder
exit
Ubuntu Application Menu -> Development -> Qt Creator

• common sudo is not enough to do a make install for that library.

[sf]http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=5273[/sf]

You need to build against Qt4.8.x (the latest is 4.8.5), not Qt5.x versions.

I’ll do a build on Ubuntu and post the exact commands to make it work, soon.

[quote=“billbonney”]You need to build against Qt4.8.x (the latest is 4.8.5), not Qt5.x versions.

I’ll do a build on Ubuntu and post the exact commands to make it work, soon.[/quote]

I am at home now, (that build I attempted was at work) , but Ubuntu 13.10 repositories here have Qt 4.8.4

Ok, did it build?

no, I posted just to confim what version I think at had at job, will be back there within 10hrs, and can try again in case source changed in a way that helps.
Will confirm the version then…

The Qt Creator 2.7.1 for 64bit Ubuntu is based on QT5.0.2
So it comes with both qmake-qt4 and qmake-qt5

I tried to force it to use qt4 by compiling in terminal:

qmake-qt4 qgroundcontrol.pro make

But then, after compiling well for a while, it fails with

In file included from src/ui/XbeeConfigurationWindow.cpp:3:0: src/ui/XbeeConfigurationWindow.h:10:28: fatal error: QtGui\qcombobox.h: No such file or directory #include<QtGui\qcombobox.h> ^ compilation terminated. make: *** [build-release/obj/XbeeConfigurationWindow.o] Error 1

I’ll do a build tomorrow on ubuntu and post the magic runes here on how to make it work. It’s a bit late for me to do that now.

If you are brave you could disable XBEE support for linux by removing ‘|LinuxBuild’ from line #342 in QGCExternalLibs.pri and see if that builds

But tomorrow I will look at it for sure.

thanks - after counting 9461 issues, if failed with
apm_planner/src/ui/configuration/PX4FirmwareUploader.cc:4: error: openssl/rsa.h: No such file or directory

Anyway, thanks for trying, I will wait till you can look at it :slight_smile:

[quote=“Andre-K”]thanks - after counting 9461 issues, if failed with
apm_planner/src/ui/configuration/PX4FirmwareUploader.cc:4: error: openssl/rsa.h: No such file or directory

Anyway, thanks for trying, I will wait till you can look at it :slight_smile:[/quote]

The ubuntu requirements are: apt-get install git libqt4-dev build-essential zlib1g-dev libsdl1.2-dev libphonon-dev phonon-backend-gstreamer flite1-dev libssl-dev libosgearth-dev

Looks like you’re missing libssl-dev. I’ve also pushed a change to master branch to remove Linux build from XBee until we can fix XBee library building in linux. Re-checkout master, run that apt-get line, and it should build for you.

Thanks Mike :slight_smile:

Thank you, works fine.

Glad to hear it! I’ll make sure that makes it into the build documentation when we get that up.

Hi,

Can anyone point me to the build documentation to install on Ubuntu 32bit, or is there a .deb package available ?
I’ve tried searching and end up going round in circles and need a step by step guide to follow as a Linux noob.

thanks

EDIT - Please ignore, found instructions finally here:
github.com/diydrones/apm_planne … /README.md