Ublox NEO-M8N

Has anyone pushased this Ublox NEO-M8N from GLB?
Is this price for real and is the Ublox NEO-M8N oke? :question: :question: :question: $ 19.67
Because most NEO-M8N GPS modules are way more expensive. :question: :question:
ublox-neo-m8n-flight-controller-gps-with-protective-shell-for-pix-px4-pixhawk.html

Greets, Paul

[mf]Hardware/Pixhawk[/mf]
[color=#00BF00]Please note that the hardware support forums are for support of genuine 3DR hardware only and the mentioned product is neither genuine 3DR, nor is it a Pixhawk.[/color]

Hi Paul

Yes I have one on my 450 which I purchased two weeks ago.

No, I do not believe that they are the real deal. Mine came with a round enclosure and features a direction arrow which is orientated wrong. When I opened it to look inside, the ceramic block was ‘wonky’ and it had been orientated (by the arrow) from the front left corner of the board. If you look at all the forums etc on the Ublox, the direction is orientated by the front leading edge, not the corner. Not so bad I guess as turning it 45 degrees left sorted the issue. The board also look a little different and all in all, does not appear as good quality as the photos I’ve seen on the web.

My first Ublox was giving high HDOP readings so I requested a replacement from GLB, which in their favour, they supplied with no issues whatsoever.

The replacement is fine though (except for the arrow issue, as above) and I have flown two fairly successful WP missions so far.

I guess you get what you pay for, although that doesn’t mean that the cheaper copies won’t do the same, they are just a bit more hit & miss.